Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Banding on the Z3200 PS  (Read 858 times)

dunesurfer

Banding on the Z3200 PS
« on: December 01, 2011, 12:02:18 am »

Hi,
i did some read -ups here,but maybe missed something.I have a new Z3200 PS printer.For about two weeks,i did,nt do any B/W work,and the printer was on all the time.Then i discovered that the GLOSS ENHANCER is the culprit.Numerous head cleans,no change,it got slightly better.Took the head out,clean it with ALCHOHOL,but still the same.

Now my question,since i believe,the enhancer is resin based(i might be wrong),can i soak the head in luke warm water----ok,not the entire head,but say,fill something with water about 5 mm,and let it stand for a minute in it,and then wipe clean.I,m far away suppliers,so,getting a new head is not that easy for me,specially this time of the year.Tehn also,why would the daily routine of the printer itself,did,nt take care of this.Is there something i miss.

Thanks to all.

Damir

Re: Banding on the Z3200 PS
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 08:23:42 am »

Maybe this can help - but obviously you can damage the head beyond repair

http://www.hefgermedia.ca/files/Cleaning_HP70_printhead.pdf

dunesurfer

Re: Banding on the Z3200 PS
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 08:33:33 am »

Hallo,
Thanxs for that.Well,after some 10+ head cleans in the machine,and about a one minute oak in hotwater,just about 5 mm deep,so the rest of the head stays dry,all is fine again.Intresting that one can open this head.Did,nt know it.Well,for somebody in my part of the world,thats sometimes the last and only option one might have.BIGGG problems calls for drastic measures. :D

What still baffles me,is why do the dialy check run,does,nt take care of this.Meaning,that it might not be better to leave the machine on 24 h.
Dont know,and thats why i,w never give up my conventioanld arkroom,or else,as long as stock is available,i,w keep on doing prints there to.Not much can go wrong there.And if a 30 year old machine breaks down,you can fix it yourself.The drive chain on the COLENTA PROCESSOR,is normal bicycle chain.---Kids,be awre,if you find your bike,minus its chain,know that DADDY borrowed it. :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up