Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SpectraView II Calibration Target Settings  (Read 2761 times)

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition
SpectraView II Calibration Target Settings
« on: November 30, 2011, 11:31:05 pm »

After having just watched Camera to Print and Screen Chapt. 18 on PS (CS5) Color Settings, Jeff talks about setting the Grey working space to Gamma 1.8 if one uses ProPhoto RGB as the default color space. 
My question is do I then also use a Gamma Curve Value of 1.8 in setting up my SpectraView Calibration Target settings (for either print and or monitor since I have two calibration profiles, one for each)?
And also, would I use the Native Color Gamut or the Adobe sRGB color gamut in those same Calibration Target settings?

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: SpectraView II Calibration Target Settings
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 12:09:12 am »

After having just watched Camera to Print and Screen Chapt. 18 on PS (CS5) Color Settings, Jeff talks about setting the Grey working space to Gamma 1.8 if one uses ProPhoto RGB as the default color space. 
My question is do I then also use a Gamma Curve Value of 1.8 in setting up my SpectraView Calibration Target settings (for either print and or monitor since I have two calibration profiles, one for each)?
And also, would I use the Native Color Gamut or the Adobe sRGB color gamut in those same Calibration Target settings?

Uh no...the Working Space in Photoshop has NOTHING to do with the color space you use in Photoshop–including the Gray Working Space. Follow the recommendations in the video and don't "over-think" things...you calibrate and profile your display to a certain standard, then Photoshop takes that profile and displays the image based on the display profile. The one thing doesn't relate to the other...you need to divorce the two parameters.

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition
Re: SpectraView II Calibration Target Settings
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 12:32:00 am »

Thanks!  What about choosing a Color Gamut in Spectraview... is Natural preferred over Adobe RGB?  I would guess that it is based on the fact that my PS color space is ProPhoto RGB?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 12:39:28 am by hokuahi »
Pages: [1]   Go Up