Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C-41 Labs and scanning 35mm color negative  (Read 1114 times)

billy

C-41 Labs and scanning 35mm color negative
« on: November 30, 2011, 06:59:57 pm »

I shoot 35mm color negative film and am having trouble finding a lab in USA that is doing a decent job of the 'scans at time of processing', the low res and cheap scans. All the labs are using the same Noritsu scanner that really does a poor job with the grain. It is somehow turning the grain into a  'mushy low res pixel look ', it looks like a badly up-ressed interpolated digital file.

Does anyone know of a C41 lab ( I am in california but would ship out of state ) that uses a different scanner for the initial 'process and scan'?

Its a bummer; the Noritsu does a great job with my medium format color neg but just cant seem to handle the 35mm stuff. I have tried several labs BTW.

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography
Re: C-41 Labs and scanning 35mm color negative
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 12:47:20 pm »

For that kinda scan I use a place right over the border in NY from CT where I live, called PDK labs, I've never had a problem with their "cheap" scans, http://www.pdk-labs.com/PDK_Labs.html their order form is under the E-6 option but its for all of their services...you have to ask them to scan it but they do it. They have very responsive phone support too.
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner
Pages: [1]   Go Up