Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print Settings for ABW not showing in dialogue box  (Read 1358 times)

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Print Settings for ABW not showing in dialogue box
« on: November 30, 2011, 04:36:33 pm »

Does anyone else have this problem? Have you found a solution?

I am printing from LR to an Epson Pro 3880 from a Mac. I set the "Page Setup..." and "Print Settings" as well as selecting the correct paper profile in "Print Job" then saving all this as a Template.

What I've noticed when I open "Print Settings" to make an adjustment to, for e.g., Color Toning (Horizontal-Vertical settings), the Print Settings dialogue box shows only "AccuPhoto HD2" and none of the ABW settings saved by the Template I created. I know the Template correctly saved the ABW settings due to repeated printing.

While it's not a huge deal, I find it frustrating when I want to tweak the H-Z colour toning settings. Rather than the currently saved settings showing up in the dialogue box, I'm back to zeros and must try to remember what I started with (or write it down) which isn't the way these dialogue boxes are supposed to work.

Any thoughts?
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: Print Settings for ABW not showing in dialogue box
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 05:31:59 pm »

The new MacOS and Epson drivers have changed the way the ABW print path works and this may be your problem.  There have been several threads on this on LuLa already.  Your answer may be HERE.  Windows users are not affected at this point in time.

Farmer

Re: Print Settings for ABW not showing in dialogue box
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 05:37:50 pm »

The new MacOS and Epson drivers have changed the way the ABW print path works and this may be your problem.  There have been several threads on this on LuLa already.  Your answer may be HERE.  Windows users are not affected at this point in time.

To clarify, Windows users are affected, but Windows does not lock out the possibility to changing the driver whereas OS X does.  But both Windows and OS X take input from the app and set the driver according to the same paradigm.
Phil Brown
Pages: [1]   Go Up