Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing Targets for Custom Profiles  (Read 2115 times)

Mark F

Printing Targets for Custom Profiles
« on: November 30, 2011, 09:52:11 am »

A couple of years ago there was a long discussion about the problems of printing targets with CS4 (see the attached screen shot of Wayne Fox's opening post). Wayne referred to an article that had been recently posted discussing the problem and the workaround but I cannot find the article. It may have been written by Eric Chan but I am not sure. Does anyone know the article's name and where it is posted?

Also, does the issue still exist for CS5 and LR3 under Lion?

Thanks.

Mark

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Printing Targets for Custom Profiles
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 10:27:03 am »

Use the Adobe Print Utility for printing profiling targets and you should be fine. There is a long literature on it on this website and others.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Mark F

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 08:48:39 pm »

Thanks, Mark.  This also works on the Mac?

Mark

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 09:48:09 pm »

The article referred to in the post was by Mark Dubovoy - located here. It introduced the idea of using a null profile to force Colorsync to leave the data alone, and this technique can still be used when printing targets if you want, but the the utility mentioned by Jeff is now the preferred method.

Some profiling software now seems to work correctly as well ... I believe i1 Profiler can now correctly print targets directly from the software.  I haven't tested that personally so maybe Rodney or others using that software might be willing to confirm if this is true or not.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 09:53:29 pm »

Some profiling software now seems to work correctly as well ... I believe i1 Profiler can now correctly print targets directly from the software.  I haven't tested that personally so maybe Rodney or others using that software might be willing to confirm if this is true or not.

Yes... i1 Profiler correctly prints the targets. Just have to make sure the driver settings are correct–no color adjustment or no color management depending on the driver.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 07:12:24 am »

Thanks, Mark.  This also works on the Mac?

Yes, that's what I use it with and it's fine. Easy.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 07:16:39 am »

If you using a Canon iPF printer you need to make sure your application (that uses Apple's new printing path) is properly listed in the AppColorMatchingInfo.xml file or the driver will default to doing a profile conversion instead of No Color Correction when having application manages color selected. This also applies to the Adobe Color Printer Utility and i1Profiler even though you can't choose application manages color in these two the driver will default to doing a profile conversion instead of No Color Correction if they are not listed.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 12:05:50 pm by Doyle Yoder »

Mark F

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 09:25:45 am »

Thanks to all. I will check out the Adobe Print Utility as well as the i1 Profiler.
Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up