Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hp Z3200 and glossy film  (Read 1383 times)

lighthunter

hp Z3200 and glossy film
« on: November 30, 2011, 02:19:47 am »

Hi all
Can Z3200 print in glossy film and other glossy materials like vinyl glossy , Lamination PVC ...etc
I ask this because my paper suppllier told me that pigment ink can't printed on these materials and these are for dye based inks

Ernst Dinkla

Re: hp Z3200 and glossy film
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 03:10:12 am »

It is either a poor description of your supplier's comment or he does not have a clue. What might help is telling us what product you want to make.

There are polyester and vinyl media qualities with a coating to absorb and create a bond for water based inkjet inks like the pigment and dye inks usually discussed here, including the Z3200 Vivera pigment inks.
Printers based on solvent inks or UV curing inks can print on uncoated media too.
Transparent lamination film is not made for printing but instead is used to cover printed images to create better protection, at least in this industry. It does not have a coating for inkjet ink. If you mean lamination foils as used in the furniture industry etc to create a wood like finish or marking foils for car wraps etc that is all (eco)solvent territory, whether digitally printed or more conventional printing methods.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

lighthunter

Re: hp Z3200 and glossy film
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 01:32:19 pm »

aha
thanks alot ... i understand now
Pages: [1]   Go Up