Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: quick release neck camera strap?  (Read 5412 times)

torger

quick release neck camera strap?
« on: November 29, 2011, 02:28:59 pm »

Is there any camera strap, designed as a standard neck strap, that has quick release that detaches completely from the camera, that is does not leave anything on it? Those I have found that have quick release leave looooooong straps still attached to the camera. Then there's a whole bunch that do not attach to the eyelets on top of the camera but to the tripod mount thread, I don't want that either. Just a standard neck strap with a (safe) quick release system. How hard can in be? :-)

allegretto

Re: quick release neck camera strap?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 04:03:04 pm »

closest I've found is the Domke

still leaves a couple inches on each end but you can clip them together to form a nice hand/wrist strap and they don't just dangle when on a tripod

another nice thing about the Domke is that the rubber on the underside seems to grip my shoulder better. Seems most of my cold weather gear slips most straps, but not the Domke

as you, I wish a true no-strap conversion was available

stever

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 08:03:55 pm »

i'm amazed at how much more comfortable and convenient to use a Black Rapid or similar is than a conventional camera strap (even Up-Strap).  it is relatively quick to attach and detach and leaves nothing if you un-screw the eye from the tripod socket

allegretto

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 09:04:05 pm »

thanks!

just looked it up and I like it!

especially the FastereR-T1 that allows it to integrate with a tripod

will def get one

torger

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 02:28:19 am »

Perhaps I'll try a black rapid afterall. The thing I like with standard neck strap is that they are relatively short so I can use it for stabilization by wearing it as a shoulder strap, that is the camera gets tight to the face with strap tight over the back so I don't shake so much (I'm really poor at holding camera still hand-held...).

Straps attached to the tripod mount thread I don't think can provide stabilization in the same way, but I guess I have to test...

stever

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 08:07:49 pm »

just looked up the T-1 myself, it's a relatively new product -- too bad it won't work with my RRS L-plate

the Blackrapid does not work as well for stabilizing the camera in liveview for movies, but it provides some benefit for short clips (gets tiresome fairly soon) - but i rarely shoot video and even more rarely handheld so not a biggy for me.  i can't visualize how it would work at all using the viewfinder

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 06:20:16 am »

"just looked up the T-1 myself, it's a relatively new product -- too bad it won't work with my RRS L-plate"

I have read elsewhere that some people use the carabiner like clip , the ConnectR-2, of the black rapid, and connect it to one of the bars in the corner of an RRS L bracket.

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 11:26:05 am »

The best ever made is the Hasselblad V camera's. Nothing even comes close. Now that dslr's spend so much time on tripods, the straps have become a a real nuisance. The only 2 things I wish my 5D2 had, are a QR neck strap and an articulated screen. Other than these two, whatever pleases Canon engineers to put on the 5D3, they can do. I don't care.
Eduardo
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:27:51 am by uaiomex »

Fotophil

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 11:37:16 am »

The Mamiya RZ also has a wonderful quick release neck strap fitting similar in function to the Hassy V. It would be great for some sort of of universal,industry standarized neck strap fitting.

elliot_n

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 07:41:00 pm »

A fashion trimmings shop will carry a wide range of quick release hooks, many of which will be a good fit for your camera strap / camera strap lugs. They'll only cost a dollar or two - just make sure to stress test them.

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 11:10:24 pm »

Just the idea of a many multi thousand camera system hanging from something called "quick release" does not work for me :)
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co
Pages: [1]   Go Up