Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Isn't CaptureOne compatible with the Older Leaf files?  (Read 6312 times)

gdh

• https://www.facebook.com/Gallery833-Fine-Art-in-Redding-160225810674500/
Isn't CaptureOne compatible with the Older Leaf files?
« on: November 27, 2011, 08:56:09 pm »

I'm having problems using older Leaf mos images with my DB version of CaptureOne, even though I "process them in Leaf Capture to .mos files first--my DB CaptureOne will not allow any adjustments and in many cases, won't even recognize the files. This has become an issue since I've been prospecting old files to see what there is that I overlooked earlier -- because with all the rain, I'm bored! :)

I have checked my Light room and it recognizes the "Leaf processed to mos" images and allows full adjustment of the processed mos images, but my DB Capture One does not, which I find really strange.  Does this sound correct?  I had assumed that CaptureOne would work with Leaf--it'd make sense as being in the family and stuff, but I was told I either have to get the CaptureOne Pro or first process in Leaf Capture.  Well I've done the latter and it's still not working.  Your advise or ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Dennis

gdh@halkides-morgan.com

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Isn't CaptureOne compatible with the Older Leaf files?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 12:59:50 pm »

Common misunderstanding.

Capture One DB (free) processes raw files from all modern and recent Leaf systems.

Capture One Pro ($399) is required to process raw files from legacy Leaf systems*

Any JPG or TIFF requires Capture One Pro to adjust/reprocess. Once a file is processed into a JPG or TIFF it does not matter what camera shot the raw file it was generated from - it is a JPG or TIFF and requires Capture One Pro to adjust/reprocess.

If you're wondering why you'd ever want to use C1 Pro (known as a raw processor) to adjust/reprocess a JPG or TIFF (rather than going back to the original raw file) then you probably don't need that feature (it is very useful for some specific workflows, but not all).

*you can also use Leaf Capture which is free

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

gdh

• https://www.facebook.com/Gallery833-Fine-Art-in-Redding-160225810674500/
Re: Isn't CaptureOne compatible with the Older Leaf files?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 02:39:13 pm »

Thank you for the info and taking the time to reply. Also, I didn't realize that the Pro version allows working on Tiff and jpgs which is frosting on the cake :)

Dennis
Pages: [1]   Go Up