Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saving layers in photoshop edits  (Read 1025 times)

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
Saving layers in photoshop edits
« on: November 25, 2011, 10:41:34 pm »

I sent an image to CS5 for editing, made several layer adjustments on the original and then saved the image for re-import back into LR saved. The changed image looks good in LR but when I try to re-open in CS5 to do more work, what appears is a layer labeled "LAYER 1"--a single layer with  the changes made earlier merged into a a single layer.  The several layers that I used in CS5 are not re-appearing.  I think I should be able to see all the layers I made previously--why is this not happening?

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Saving layers in photoshop edits
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 11:40:07 pm »

I think I should be able to see all the layers I made previously--why is this not happening?

As long as you don't make LR changes to the image you should be able to open the original image from LR and maintain all the original layers...when you go to open the layered file from LR to Photoshop what option are you using when opening the image?

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
Re: Saving layers in photoshop edits
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 07:17:45 pm »

As usual, now that I've posted the question, the layered file now appears normally with all my layers.

I can't remenber for sure but I think changes were made in lR after the CS5 edits on some images.

Thanks for the TIp

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up