Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop Language  (Read 1795 times)

Rob C

Photoshop Language
« on: November 25, 2011, 03:34:45 pm »

Hi -

I've got PS6 in the computer (Windows XP) and sometimes, due to glitches, I have to uninstall and then reinstall the programme. The problem is, at times it reinstalls in English, and at others, in Spanish (I live in Spain).

Is there some magic button that I can click to keep it permanently in English? It's currently in Spanish, which though I can understand quite well, isn't as natural to me and doesn't lend itself to easy working.

All quite frustrating, and I've clearly lived with it for years, but if there is a way to fix it... please?

Rob C

degrub

Re: Photoshop Language
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 11:42:15 pm »

PS is probably doing that because you have a Spanish ip address when it accesses the internet during the reinstall. The only thing i can think of , besides using a proxy server in an English speaking country, is to install without being connected to the internet. Activate later after the install is complete and maybe it will believe you.

Why, if i may ask, are you having to re-install so much ? If it is really that bad, make an image of the disk after you have all the software installed clean and just restore from that. Then no re-activation and re-install. Probably faster as well.

Frank

PS: found this at Adobe's PS forum -
http://forums.adobe.com/message/3838436#3838436

looks like it might be possible.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 11:51:33 pm by degrub »

Rob C

Re: Photoshop Language
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 11:03:27 am »

Hi, and thanks for the reply.

No, the computer I use with PS6 isn't internet connected and neither does PS6 require internet access to have it function - you just need the code and bingo, it works.

I have had it show itself in both languages (either Spanish or English) as I said, it's just getting it to stay in English that's the problem. Seems it might be a temperament thing!

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up