Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Infrared and UV Photography with MF Backs - Hcam-B1 and Zeiss IR lenses  (Read 972 times)

Stefan.Steib

• HCam - Hartblei Pro Photography solutions

This article that I am linking here, was originally written for the Zeiss CLN News. They did not publish it now for nearly 2 years, so I think before all this work is just left alone and be forgotten, I´ll post it here. The Back came from bearimages.com Jim Taskett, I got this through Walter Borchenko/B3K our Canadian Distribution/Dealer.
There have been historic originals supplied by the BSB-Muenchen, who are one of the largest Libraries in Europe and where I happen to do the consulting for Colormanagement, Workflow, Digital Photography and Scanning. Many Thanks to Dr. Brantl and Mr. Podalsky for supporting this effort. I also got a special flash with 1500 ws from Hensel Germany with uncovered blank flash tube to make sure we got full spectrum light to be able to filter as needed.
The 39mpix of the Achromatic plus BW are probably close to net 60 Mpix on a Bayer scheme, so the resolution is quite good, the Zeiss 1,4/85 IR Planar is also pinsharp (used at F11) and covering the large chip easily. I tried several filters for this test : a Heliopan UV pass, and 2x IR Pass filters, best solution was with 1000nm IR pass.
What was absolutely thrilling was how few light was necessary to achive the results with the NIR (near infrared) shots, I used a fully filtered dark red setup of the used hensel flash at lowest setting of 150 ws, the Achromatic plus was set to 50 ASA !
There is a german and an english version of the PDF available

http://www.hcam.de/downloads/Hartblei_CLN_ArtikelV3_Deutsch.pdf

http://www.hcam.de/downloads/Hartblei_CLN_ArticleV3_English.pdf

I have plenty more images, so if someone is interested in this, I can send him more links.

Thanks for your interest

Greetings from Munich
Stefan
Because Photography is more than Technology and "as we have done it before".

dizzyg44

Re: Infrared and UV Photography with MF Backs - Hcam-B1 and Zeiss IR lenses
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 08:03:08 pm »

Really cool!  Glad to see this instead of buried away never to be shared, Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up