Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why The Big Difference in Price  (Read 1547 times)

rollsman44

Why The Big Difference in Price
« on: November 24, 2011, 12:07:31 pm »

I am looking to buy a Mamiya 645AF 55mm 2.8 Lense for my AFD11. I see KEH has 1 NEW for 250.00 and on ebay and other sites are selling it for 350-700. Are there more than 2 different lenses?  Thanks,  rollsman

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography
Re: Why The Big Difference in Price
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 09:27:11 pm »

I only paid about the KEH price for mine Brand new. they have been kept as new-old stock in a lot of stores and consequently they can sell them for less. People on ebay are more then likely individuals who are selling theirs which they paid full price for which decidedly means they want to recoup some of their money and get something new with those finances etc etc.

Also keep in mind with these lenses there is a lot of sample variation which is more noticeable on high-mp digital backs but less so on film. This can drive down the price of a bad copy too....except this is something significantly harder to find out until you have the lens. Its probably best to try and find a camera store selling one for a low price that you could go in and get some sample images with to confirm its quality....
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner
Pages: [1]   Go Up