Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autumn in Japan  (Read 2315 times)

Spencer

Autumn in Japan
« on: December 14, 2004, 08:10:17 pm »

Hi,

Yes Japan is a wonderful place for photography. Some of your images made me feel nasukashi.

I lived there for 15 years (I am now in Singapore) and I hope to get back this next year to visit friends and so some photography.

As for fine cameras, I just sold my Ebony 45 SV which, IMHO is the finest flatbed veiw camera you can buy. I got so spoiled there with  my darkroom and access to chemicals, etc. When I moved to Singapore I realized my darkroom days were gone for sure. I have recently switch do digital thus the reason I sold my Ebony to help pay for my 1DS MK II. But I digress. . .

The only problem with photography in Japan is power lines! It is amazing how many wonderful views and scenes are marred by them.  ;)

Gambatte,
Spencer

jeffok

• http://www.insightscapes.com
Autumn in Japan
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 10:36:44 am »

I note that there are few locations mentioned outside of North America on this forum so I thought I would try to introduce some of you to making pictures in Japan.
Japan is a wonderful location with a wide variety of geography from 20,000 ft peaks to lush valleys and coastal plains and beaches. It is also the birthplace of many of today's finest cameras and imaging equipment (and I love to browse the camera superstores here). I find it a great location but it has its challenges too, not the least of which it is far away and expensive to travel to and within. I happen to live here at the moment (originally from Alberta, Canada) but would be interested in exchanging views with anyone interested in Japan and possibly thinking about doing a photo shoot here. Michael, I notice you have not yet made it here! You don't know what you're missing. www.insightscapes.com

Jeff K

MatthewCromer

Autumn in Japan
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 09:52:31 pm »

Clone Stamp!
Pages: [1]   Go Up