Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What I want for Christmas!  (Read 1723 times)

marcmccalmont

What I want for Christmas!
« on: November 23, 2011, 02:42:32 pm »

When I talk to Santa I'm asking for a Sony NEX-6 and a high quality 16-105 f4.0 lens
He'll probably ask what a NEX-6 is and I'll say a NEX-7 with a NEX-5 sensor
Am I crazy?
Marc
Marc McCalmont

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
Re: What I want for Christmas!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 03:27:25 pm »

I want someone to become inventive and turn a simple tablet, like the Kindle Fire or equiv, into a light controller for my Quantum Qflashes.. basically to emulate sync with the Pilot and allow a touch screen control panel for any number of Qflashes.. where you can set groups, power levels, mode, on/off.. and where you can store light setups and drag around a top down view setup of the lights.. Place the subject, drag a light behind the subject, drag another in front and to the right, another to the left and low, etc, etc.. so you could then choose a lighting setup, enter the length of the set, and have the lights self-adjust to your predetermined settings. 

If they feel ambitious.. I'd like a Android version of DSLR Remote, Helicon Focus, and a depth of field calculator with a graphic representation to go with it.  More, add some model release and other common forms which can be signed by a stylus and signed forms stored on the device to be uploaded later.

Oh.. add a PDF reader so all your equipment manuals are available and a RAW viewer..
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 03:54:14 pm »

Hi,

I'm not sure about the 16-105/4 lens, don't know if high quality and 16-105/4 go hand in hand.

Regarding NEX-5 sensor versus NEX-7 sensor, my guess is that the NEX-5 sensor may be a tiny bit better at actual pixels but probably about the same if you print. The 24 MP sensor will have less issues with moiré and other artifacts. On the Alpha 55 SLT I can see some issues I have never seen on previous Alpha and Minolta cameras. My guess is that 24 MP is actually a good thing.

I'd say that NEX-7 with a really decent lens would be quite attractive, and so would a NEX-6. Just be sure to find one without water inside...

Best regards
Erik
When I talk to Santa I'm asking for a Sony NEX-6 and a high quality 16-105 f4.0 lens
Am I crazy?
Marc
Erik Kaffehr

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 03:59:52 pm »

PS Santa to make it two of each.
Eduardo

Am I crazy?
Marc

marcmccalmont

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 08:02:43 pm »

Hi,

I'm not sure about the 16-105/4 lens, don't know if high quality and 16-105/4 go hand in hand.

Regarding NEX-5 sensor versus NEX-7 sensor, my guess is that the NEX-5 sensor may be a tiny bit better at actual pixels but probably about the same if you print. The 24 MP sensor will have less issues with moiré and other artifacts. On the Alpha 55 SLT I can see some issues I have never seen on previous Alpha and Minolta cameras. My guess is that 24 MP is actually a good thing.

I'd say that NEX-7 with a really decent lens would be quite attractive, and so would a NEX-6. Just be sure to find one without water inside...

Best regards
Erik

OK a 18-90 f4.0 e-mount!
Marc
Marc McCalmont
Pages: [1]   Go Up