Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: epson r3000 questions  (Read 2528 times)

rmazzi

epson r3000 questions
« on: November 22, 2011, 05:40:11 pm »

When i fire up the printer for the day, it seems to go through a recharge cycle.  I have been printing with the Matte inks and am concerned that i am wasting ink each time.  I have not printed using photo black yet.  I am concerned that i am wasting ink somehow by missing some sort of default setting.  Is this normal?

Also, Epson has only posted profiles for a few of their signature worthy papers.  Several of the third party papers posted profiles for all of theirs a long time ago.  Why hasn't epson posted profiles?  Surely it can't take them that long.

Farmer

Re: epson r3000 questions
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 05:47:22 pm »

Epson has profiles built in with the drivers for all the standard Epson media.  The signature worthy are special, additional profiles.  All Epson media is covered.

Epson doesn't make profiles for 3rd party media - it's not their job.
Phil Brown

rmazzi

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 09:57:35 pm »

Thanks for the tip.  I found the profiles. 

rmazzi

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 10:04:46 pm »

One other question.  the profiles apparently are in a "package" and there seems to be installed an "a" package and a W package.  Lightroom found the "a" package but not the other package.  Is there a difference in the packages?  I really am confused about how Snow Leopard manages the profiles, where they are stored, etc.  Anyone know a good mac refererence to decipher it?

jtoolman

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 07:26:56 pm »

In your last reply you told me the reason for your R3000 performing the cleaning cycle with every startup.
You are running it on a Mac! It's your DRIVER causing that problem.

Take a look here:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1003&message=39609938&q=apotheker&qf=m

rmazzi

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 11:25:25 pm »

Thanks so much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up