Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony Nex5n  (Read 2240 times)

chris Johnston

Sony Nex5n
« on: November 21, 2011, 01:52:15 am »

Greetings from the Namib Desert.

I have zero access to new gear, unless it walks in my gallery door with a tourist.

I am back to the walk around street camera search.

I have been reading with some keen interest the discussions/reviews about the NEX5n.

I had hoped that Nikon would get its shit together and serve something similar up, but from what I am reading about the '1' it isn't going to work for me.

So my questions are pretty basic.

Compared to my D3 view finder what is the electronic viewfinder image on a NEX5 going to be like?

I need one lens, preferably autofocus for my old eyes that will work for street portrature. I do not care if its Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Voightlander, Cosina, Nikon, just it should be fast and small.  I own a 50mm 1.4 nikkor, should I buy the fully electronic adaptor for  the NEX5n?  Seems like they are big and this moves away from the pocket or near pocket size.

I am greatful for any comments.

Kind regards,

Chris Johnston

bluekorn

Re: Sony Nex5n
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 02:07:12 pm »

Chris,

I too am considering the Nex 5n with the LA-EA2 Alpa Lens Adaptor. I'm hoping that someone who owns a Nex with adaptor will be willing to post a picture illustrating just how bulky the adaptor is in comparison to the body. Or, if anyone knows of a link to such a picture, they might be willing to post that. Thanks.

Best regards,

Peter

jfirneno

Re: Sony Nex5n
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 10:44:50 am »

Chris:
If you've definitely decided on the NEX-5N (as opposed to waiting for the NEX-7 in a month or two) then I'd say you want the e-mount Sony CZ 24mm F1.8.  It's native to the NEX so you won't need the adapter to get auto-focus.  It won't be available until approximately December-Jaunuary but it might be better than the currently available e-mount choices.  Another lens that will be available at approximately the same time is a 50mm f1.8 in e-mount.  If you want to use the adapter for auto-focus I think you'll be forced to use Sony/Minolta a-mount lenses.  I don't think your Nikon lenses will auto-focus.

Regards,
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up