Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Forest Glow  (Read 2647 times)

brianwall

New Forest Glow
« on: November 20, 2011, 02:30:44 pm »

I'd welcome all comments. We don't get much snow here in the south of England so last winter was special for me.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: New Forest Glow
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 04:15:55 pm »

It's a pretty scene. At the risk of sounding a bore on the topic (perish the thought!), however, I find the three areas of blown highlights grab my attention and won't let go.

Jeremy

shutterpup

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 04:19:47 pm »

It's a pretty scene. At the risk of sounding a bore on the topic (perish the thought!), however, I find the three areas of blown highlights grab my attention and won't let go.

Jeremy

+1

brianwall

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 05:14:41 pm »

The original isn't so badly blown actually, it's the conversion from AdobePro 16bit to sRGB jpeg I think. I see what you mean about distracting though.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 05:15:52 pm »

Brian, It's a splendid shot. I don't know whether or not you took a look at it in B&W, but I'm not sure which is better. Actually, I like them both.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

shutterpup

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 07:22:27 pm »

Brian, It's a splendid shot. I don't know whether or not you took a look at it in B&W, but I'm not sure which is better. Actually, I like them both.

Russ,
I think the B&W resolves the issue of the "blown-out" looking areas. I much prefer it.

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 01:33:17 am »

I'd welcome all comments. We don't get much snow here in the south of England so last winter was special for me.

This is really a beautiful work! The colors and hues are a delight and the textures in the snow are marvelous. The “blown” areas aren’t a problem unless one has little else but look for nits to pick rather than enjoy exceptional work.

Were it mine I would maybe remove the row of short posts. But that said it is a delicious piece of art as presented.

popnfresh

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 12:15:35 am »

Russ,
I think the B&W resolves the issue of the "blown-out" looking areas. I much prefer it.

+1.5

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 03:04:08 pm »

Russ,
I certainly agree that it improves the issue (and, being a great enthusiast for b&w, I prefer it) but I don't think it resolves it. The blown bits still grab my eye.

Tracy, I don't agree that it's nit-picking. I nit-pick my own shots all the time and regard myself as quite an expert in the art of nit-picking: I didn't even have to engage that part of what passes for my brain.

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up