Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Holt í Önundarfirði  (Read 2113 times)

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
Holt í Önundarfirði
« on: November 20, 2011, 12:41:42 pm »

sdwilsonsct

Re: Holt í Önundarfirði
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 09:01:15 pm »

Nice one, Rajan. I like the red glow reflecting the roof.
If I was going to pick nits I would have included a little more foreground or done something to deal with the curb.
Scott

francois

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 08:56:39 am »

Very nice image! There's s sense of loneliness…
Francois

MichaelWorley

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 01:22:38 pm »

It's apparent that your main considerations were mood and centering the steeple in the saddle of the mountain in the background.

You captured the mood very well.

But this composition has created a distracting merger between the rock on the right and the church door. It also results in a virtually "straight in" composition of the church that lacks dimensionality. Moving to the left would solve both these issues. Perhaphs you tried those options as well, positioning the steeple in different ways with respect to the mountain. If not, I guess you can't exactly go back tomorrow and try out other compositions.

Mike

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 01:30:28 pm »

It's apparent that your main considerations were mood and centering the steeple in the saddle of the mountain in the background.

You captured the mood very well.

But this composition has created a distracting merger between the rock on the right and the church door. It also results in a virtually "straight in" composition of the church that lacks dimensionality. Moving to the left would solve both these issues. Perhaphs you tried those options as well, positioning the steeple in different ways with respect to the mountain. If not, I guess you can't exactly go back tomorrow and try out other compositions.

Mike

Mike,

Yes, this was an image about the mood.  As you surmised, I did try the other compositions.  My central intent here was to frame the church steeple against the cleft of the 'hanging valley' in the backdrop, and for that I had to go with this particular composition.  The penalty, as you noted, was the rock partly obscuring the church door.  To me that was a trade-off worth making.

fineartphotos

• Black white and fine art photography
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 01:54:57 am »

Very nice
Pages: [1]   Go Up