Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: reduced and discrete "mecano" for gh2  (Read 3187 times)

fredjeang

reduced and discrete "mecano" for gh2
« on: November 18, 2011, 06:59:04 am »

Hi,

I'm actually using the GH2 with the same robocoperies I use with the 5D2, cages, roads, clamps, magic arms etc...you know the story.

But I find the overall really too big and unbalanced with the gh2. (and please don't point that I should buy then a proper video camera because I won't)

I'd like to keep the reduced size and compactness also with all the structure, and I've been looking in the internet for some solutions but it's all
about the same I already have. Just too big.

I need the 15mm roads but can't find products that would reduce really the size of the overall mecano mess.

So the idea is to get a miniature structure.

If you know where to look, please post.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 07:02:16 am by fredjeang »

fredjeang

Re: reduced and discrete "mecano" for gh2
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 10:52:00 am »

Yes !

Great link John.

On set it's very fine: http://www.rewoshop.com/epages/62972526.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62972526/Categories/Gallery1/ReWo_on_Set

They are out of stock currently.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:01:53 am by fredjeang »

fredjeang

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 02:30:27 pm »

I agree.

The ReWo cage is just what I was looking for, but then in fact too much the other way, it is so tight that if Panasonic release a GH3 or 4 with just a little different shape it won't fit.
So as you say it is really specific to this model.

I thought about the Eascom as a safer and more versatile cage but on the other hand it is very close to what I already got.

I also probably will switch from a 7" monitor to a 5" because the 7 is looking silly with the gh2 and I'm not sure the reduction will affect the confort.

I also agree that the number of devices, softwares etc...involved is really a burden. I'm really (I mean really!) fed-up of plug-ins, peripherical little programs that are needed and extra tiny accessories like if it was a Barby young girl doll.

The other day I was watching a girlfriend's young daughter playing with her doll and all the accessories. And I felt that it reminded me something, but what? Then I realised that it looks like us with our softwares and devices and cables and drives... to my desperation.

I'm also looking to simplify. I want one camera for all, one software for all, one system for all, and all robust, light, small, powerfull and intuitive.

I think we may have to wait for a long time...

« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:42:14 pm by fredjeang »

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 05:31:57 pm »

I hope michael does not mind a bit of self promotion it seems appropriate to this thread..

I started my www.halfinchrails.com brand using 1/2 tube for rigging - my general beleif that 15 and 60 spacing is too big for current and future generations of smaller cameras

and a tiny rig I built for a sony seen on my blog
blog

Generally the GH2 is a bit of a pain with the position of the battery clashing with tripod fixings - I think Rewo get around that which is a very nice if not essential touch with the GH2

Andrew Reid GH2 nut seems to match my handlebars with a Rewo cage

SMM

Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

fredjeang

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 06:38:31 pm »

I hope michael does not mind a bit of self promotion it seems appropriate to this thread..

I started my www.halfinchrails.com brand using 1/2 tube for rigging - my general beleif that 15 and 60 spacing is too big for current and future generations of smaller cameras

and a tiny rig I built for a sony seen on my blog
blog

Generally the GH2 is a bit of a pain with the position of the battery clashing with tripod fixings - I think Rewo get around that which is a very nice if not essential touch with the GH2

Andrew Reid GH2 nut seems to match my handlebars with a Rewo cage

SMM

Interesting kits indeed. Kept in favorite.
Nice to see you seriously involved into that, I think that the spirit matches with the evolution of the cameras and the global needs.
It should grow.

Wish you the very best in this nice adventure.

Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up