Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 50 Reasons NOT to Date a Photographer  (Read 6900 times)

Paul Sumi

RFPhotography

Re: 50 Reasons NOT to Date a Photographer
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 10:35:00 pm »

Looks like it might be interesting but the text is so small it's pretty much impossible to read.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 12:45:46 am »

Number 18 doesn't fit me at all. I don't use film cameras any more. But I couldn't argue with any of the other points.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 03:40:56 am »

Looks like it might be interesting but the text is so small it's pretty much impossible to read.
So make it bigger, then. Command-+ in Safari and Firefox, for example.

Jeremy

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 05:43:01 am »

She needs an editor; her points could be condensed into, roughly, ten good ones that I recognize as essentially moi.

;-)

Rob C

RFPhotography

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 07:41:35 am »

So make it bigger, then. Command-+ in Safari and Firefox, for example.

Jeremy

I could do that.  But why should I?  If you're writing for others to read, make it so they can read it.  Don't force them to have to screw around. 

JonathanRimmel

• jonathanrimmel.com
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 10:50:43 am »

I am not so sure about these. I think very few apply. (to me at least)

ckimmerle

• http://www.chuckkimmerle.com
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 12:34:29 pm »

I could do that.  But why should I?  If you're writing for others to read, make it so they can read it.  Don't force them to have to screw around.  

It's ironic you say this as your opening web page gives visitors instructions about how people should adjust their monitors to better view your web pages with the bright red links.

As for the OP, I found a couple of funny and relevant items among the 50, but the vast majority were rather inane. Take for example #18 "They can’t have a normal conversation with throwing acronyms and random numbers" Really, in more than 25 years as a photographer, I've never, ever seen this happen. Or #31 "Whenever you’re in a group talking and the conversation goes deep, they’re taking notes in some form of Moleskin." Really? What the hell does that even mean? How about And finally, #50 "They orgasm every time they learn a new lighting technique." Again, really? <sigh> Then there are the mentions of circular rainbows, wanting to Photoshop EVERYTHING and, ummm, a second mention of moleskin. Will somebody please tell me what is up with moleskin? Am I missing a great part of the photography experience? Is it made with real moles? Facial or rodent? How can I get one? What is it used for? And does it come with a USB cable? Please, someone. I NEED one.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:36:27 pm by ckimmerle »
"The real voyage of discove

RFPhotography

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 01:29:05 pm »

It's ironic you say this as your opening web page gives visitors instructions about how people should adjust their monitors to better view your web pages with the bright red links.

Yes it does.  Based on feedback I received from exactly 1 person who had difficulty.  I surveyed several others and none reported such difficulties.  I said 'some' because I didn't want to single one person out.  I also made changes to the way links are displayed to try and help.  I also explained why they may be experiencing the problem and what to do about it.  It's also a very small minority of the text on the site.  So there's no hypocrisy on my part.  Nice try.  Move along now.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 01:32:46 pm by BobFisher »

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 04:26:50 pm »

As for the OP, I found a couple of funny and relevant items among the 50, but the vast majority were rather inane. Take for example #18 "They can’t have a normal conversation with throwing acronyms and random numbers" Really, in more than 25 years as a photographer, I've never, ever seen this happen. Or #31 "Whenever you’re in a group talking and the conversation goes deep, they’re taking notes in some form of Moleskin." Really? What the hell does that even mean? How about And finally, #50 "They orgasm every time they learn a new lighting technique." Again, really? <sigh> Then there are the mentions of circular rainbows, wanting to Photoshop EVERYTHING and, ummm, a second mention of moleskin. Will somebody please tell me what is up with moleskin? Am I missing a great part of the photography experience? Is it made with real moles? Facial or rodent? How can I get one? What is it used for? And does it come with a USB cable? Please, someone. I NEED one.

To you and some others, it's supposed to be funny. Not actually very funny, though.

It's not moleskin, it's Moleskine, a brand of paper notebook all the starving artists and weary world travelers supposedly use according to their marketing. One of those companies which claim much richer heritage than their ten-or-so year-old history would suggest - kinda like Bugatti (the VW version of course).

Stupid name for a product.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 04:29:29 pm »

I could do that.  But why should I? 
You "should" because you're sufficiently keen to read it and to derive a few moments' mild amusement that you consider a single keystroke (and possibly a second, of minimal effort since it's the same as the first) to be a reasonable expenditure of physical exertion.

You don't think it is. That's someone's trivial loss, the author's or yours.

Jeremy

ckimmerle

• http://www.chuckkimmerle.com
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 05:28:02 pm »

It's not moleskin, it's Moleskine

I dunno....maybe she really meant Moleskin. Kids can be pretty creative these days.
"The real voyage of discove
Pages: [1]   Go Up