Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whytake.net  (Read 7025 times)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Whytake.net
« on: November 16, 2011, 05:57:43 pm »

Social networking for nature photographers:

http://whytake.net/Inspire

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

JonathanRimmel

• jonathanrimmel.com
Re: Whytake.net
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 06:17:41 pm »

This looks nice. Thank you for the heads up. Although I really can't say I want yet another social networking site. There are just too many. I think I will skip Google + altogether.

alibenn

• Harvesting Light
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 12:52:34 am »

This looks nice. Thank you for the heads up. Although I really can't say I want yet another social networking site. There are just too many. I think I will skip Google + altogether.

Firstly, thanks for posting the link to the site - we appreciate that.

I'd just like to, if I may, elaborate a little on why we built the site - Both Rafael Rojas and I are Professional Nature Photographers, and we were increasingly frustrated trying to do all the things we wanted to do within the framework of existing sites.

We built Whytake.net to be a Free Global Network of Nature Photographers, where registered users can create a profile, upload a small portfolio and create an identity. Yes, there is some Social Networking Capability in there.

The rest of the site is comprised of Inspire and Explore. The first is the home of some of the stunning images on the site, and the Explore section is a Directory, where you can search for Photographers and Images using a range of filters to fine tune the search.

In time, we are confident this will grow into a substantial online resource in our niche. The initial responses have been excellent and the quality of work simply stunning.

Thanks all, best wishes,

Alister Benn
Whytake LLC.

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 04:36:17 am »

Though not a nature shooter, I think it's a nice thing to have the possibility of seeing such work at the touch of a key. If it can be grown into a successful selling agency, so much the better! I hope it doesn't follow in the footsteps ( almost said tripod holes ;-) ) of the dime-a-dance school of agencies; better to die fighting than to die bitter, worn out and poor!

Bet of luck!

Rob C

alibenn

• Harvesting Light
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 05:06:09 am »

Though not a nature shooter, I think it's a nice thing to have the possibility of seeing such work at the touch of a key. If it can be grown into a successful selling agency, so much the better! I hope it doesn't follow in the footsteps ( almost said tripod holes ;-) ) of the dime-a-dance school of agencies; better to die fighting than to die bitter, worn out and poor!

Bet of luck!

Rob C

Thanks Rob - We have ambitious plans for whytake, some will be rolled out in the next week, others will come along more gradually - one thing for sure, it is free and always will be - we have no intention of making money out of our fellow photographers - it's hard enough to make money as a nature photographer without having to pay us too :-)

best wishes.

Alister

mediumcool

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 12:02:17 pm »

Excellent stuff! Good on you, folks!
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 06:35:46 am »

Very interesting... thanks!