Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old La Honda  (Read 1550 times)

Matt Tilghman

• MattTilghman.com
Old La Honda
« on: November 16, 2011, 02:29:25 am »

This is Old La Honda Road, probably quite familiar to those in the Stanford/Palo Alto area.  A favorite among bicyclists, and you can probably see why.  This was taken yesterday.  Conditions were wet and foggy and steamy, ie perfect.

Hope you like!

Larger Version

without cars:

Larger Version
Check out my gallery and photoshop blog:  www.MattTilghman.com

degrub

Re: Old La Honda
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 11:02:29 am »

Last time i was through there i remember watching a rider lay a bike down on a curve like that when he hit the leaves.
Pretty spot. Nice capture - was that about a 14 mm lens ?

francois

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 11:29:27 am »

Very nice colors and curve!

… was that about a 14 mm lens ?

From the EXIF info, it looks like it's 27 mm. It might be a stitched photo…
Francois

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 01:02:20 pm »

Lovely.  The second one could have been 'caffed' (*) instead of cropped.

* Content Aware Filled

Isaac

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 05:15:19 pm »

I like that you actually took the photos. For a week or two I've been admiring the Big Leaf Maple colours (and the pastel shades of fallen Madrone leaves) without finding something I wanted to photograph. So well done.

When I look at the photo, the bright patches of sky grab my attention and the curve of the road grabs my attention (not a bad thing in a motorist). I think you want me to be looking at the foliage and fallen leaves more than I am, but they seem like a backdrop to some action that hasn't begun yet.

Can you persuade the organisers of The Tour of California to send the race down Old La Honda, and then give only you access to this curve - the fall colours would make a much better backdrop to the spring race :-)

More practically, as you say, it is a popular route for cyclists - perhaps a sequence with a cyclist speeding down the curve and a cyclist working their way up, would layer more interest onto this colourful backdrop.

shaunw

• Shaun Walby Landscape Photography collections
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 03:26:16 pm »

Second one without cars.....great comp light and colours works really well, well done
Canon 5D mk II Sigma 10-20, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 70-200 L, Lee Filters, Manfrotto geared head/tripod.

''Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop''. – Ansel Adams
http://www.shaunwalbyphotography.com

Dewi Sant

• Dewi Sant Photography
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 06:12:45 pm »

Last time i was through there I remember watching a rider lay a bike down on a curve like that when he hit the leaves. 

Only an idiot leans a bike too far in Autumn!  :o

Dewi (a biker)
Pages: [1]   Go Up