Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody have feedback on Breathing Color stretcher bars  (Read 1472 times)

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
Anybody have feedback on Breathing Color stretcher bars
« on: November 15, 2011, 02:41:54 pm »

I see that BC is having a sale on their traditional style stretcher bars, which prompts me to ask if anybody has any experience with them.  The price is quite good, but I question the quality of them.  They mention that they have rounded edges, but I can't really see much in the crappy photo that they have of them.  My only other experience with fir stretcher bars was a client that brought me some that he had purchased elsewhere, and they were terrible.  Sharp corners.  Warp problems.  They were from China, where the fir, or what they were calling fir, seemed to be much less dense than douglas fir sold here.  I normally use Fredrix Gallery Wrap stretchers, which I find of a pretty good quality, and I appreciate the eased edges when it comes to stretching printed and sized canvas.  Are these worth considering, or are they cheap stretcher bars that will cause me more trouble than they are worth?

http://www.breathingcolor.com/action/bc_shop/189/
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:44:50 pm by Colorwave »
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

spacegrey

Re: Anybody have feedback on Breathing Color stretcher bars
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 05:05:12 pm »

Bump. I'm having the same question/dilemma here.
Started using BC's stretchers recently and have at least one set with noticeable warping.
Wonder if anyone have any feedback/experience on the subject.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Anybody have feedback on Breathing Color stretcher bars
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 06:22:51 pm »

I have never used the BC bars.  I can recommend Larson 6011, 1.5" height, excellent bar, chops and joins very well, with no cracks. 

Larsonjuhl is sold through a distributor, but most frame shops have the ability to order them.  You still need the chop and join service. 

Paul Caldwell

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up