Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting it all horizontal and vertical  (Read 1846 times)

dreed

Getting it all horizontal and vertical
« on: November 14, 2011, 11:30:08 pm »

Is it possible to stay zoomed in whilst using either the angle tool to draw a straight line or manually adjust the rotation?

Or is the only way to crop for zoom, correct the angle and then uncrop (or copy the angle, click on the edit before the zoom-crop and then reapply the angle)?

Similarly, the method I've come up with to correct things when there are verticals but no horizontals is to do a 90 degree rotate (either CW or CCW), use the angle tool to align with one of the new horizontals and then do the inverse rotation. Is there a better method than that?

Lost

• Flickr snapshots
Re: Getting it all horizontal and vertical
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 09:18:36 am »

I think that you can rotate while cropped by using the rotation slider in the manual lens corrections settings. I haven't seen a way to do this in the crop/rotate tool, however.

dreed

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 12:10:02 pm »

I think that you can rotate while cropped by using the rotation slider in the manual lens corrections settings. I haven't seen a way to do this in the crop/rotate tool, however.

That's labelled "perspective rotate" and I'm not sure if the end result of using that is the same..?

Being able to do use a keyboard modified (shift/alt) with the angle tool to get a vertical ruler instead of horizontal would be ok if that were possible (it isn't)...

eliedinur

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 12:31:23 pm »

That's labelled "perspective rotate" and I'm not sure if the end result of using that is the same..?
It is if you don't touch the other sliders. 'Course it isn't automatic, you have to sweat a little.

Being able to do use a keyboard modified (shift/alt) with the angle tool to get a vertical ruler instead of horizontal would be ok if that were possible (it isn't)...
Huh? You don't have to do all that rotating and unrotating. The Angle tool will align to a vertical same as to a horizontal line, or a 45 degree line for that matter.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

dreed

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 03:32:06 pm »

It is if you don't touch the other sliders. 'Course it isn't automatic, you have to sweat a little.
Huh? You don't have to do all that rotating and unrotating. The Angle tool will align to a vertical same as to a horizontal line, or a 45 degree line for that matter.

Oh, I see!

I was expecting it to rotate the image 90 degrees (or thereabouts) if I aligned it to a vertical. It works, like I want but not like I expected! I'd never tried to rotate it manually more than 45 degrees before to notice that it limits you.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up