Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winters First Kiss  (Read 2485 times)

Jon Meddings

Winters First Kiss
« on: November 14, 2011, 12:23:49 pm »

Aaarghhhh, the beginning of another winter season........

Hope you enjoy...

John R

Re: Winters First Kiss
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 03:02:07 pm »

I really like this shot. The layering and gradations of white to grey, to blue, is fantastic. Someone is going to want to clone out the tree on the top right and may be even straighten out your trees. But for me, it is like a slide, you get what you get and you have done a wonderful job.

JMR
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 05:38:05 pm by John R »

Jon Meddings

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 06:16:47 pm »

I really like this shot. The layering and gradations of white to grey, to blue, is fantastic. Someone is going to want to clone out the tree on the top right and may be even straighten out your tree. But for me, it is like a slide, you get what you get and you have done a wonderful job.

Thanks John, I appreciate the comments.  I've left the tilted trees alone. The shot is a blend of 3 exposure brackets from a 24 mm TS Canon lens. I did use the Lightroom lens correction for this lens and removed the chromatic aberration it seems to always display for me. Other than that a bit of increased clarity on the ice and some increased vibrance is pretty much all that this shot got.

I just wish I'd thought to do a 3 shot pan with the shift function of the lens.... oh well at that temperature my brain was rebelling this early in the year....

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 12:02:46 am »

Nicely done! The understated colors are what makes the composition.

Only critique is an iffy one, and that is the sky looks a little wonky. That may be due to the reduction to a web suitable image...

Peter McLennan

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 09:07:55 pm »

... oh well at that temperature my brain was rebelling this early in the year....

I was thinking as I view it: "Man, that is COLD".  Good on ya for toughing it out.  Lovely image.

Somewhere near Banff?

Jon Meddings

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 03:09:09 pm »

Thanks Peter and Justan!

Peter the shot was across a little pond in the east of Kananaskis that funnily enough I keep forgetting the name of.  It is called Forget me not Pond......  Not far from Banff but truly in the Kananaskis area.

Justan the sky is a bit weird but I think that is mostly the size reduction. The mountains were covered in wispy clouds and it was snowing up there. The part that looks like a halo artifact actually isn't - it is snow blowing off the peaks...

hermosaguy

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 12:02:53 am »

I love the composition! Very well done!
Pages: [1]   Go Up