Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Nikon Sale D3, 2 D700s, 28-70, 24-70, MB-D10  (Read 660 times)

spitfirestu

FS: Nikon Sale D3, 2 D700s, 28-70, 24-70, MB-D10
« on: November 14, 2011, 10:32:49 am »

Hi All,

Consolidating my gear and selling off the bulk of my bodies. The academic program I am in provides gear to check out and I am trying to focus on shooting more with what Ive got. Football season is winding down so I dont need the extra bodies.

Im new here but recently sold a Wide DS in Mamiya 645 mount here and have bought from Michael Notar for references. If you are interested in an item Id be happy to chat over the phone with you, provide a link to my personal photography website, provide a business address, etc. Willing to consider reasonable offers. Can do local cash pickup in Southern California between Nov 16-27. Thanks!!! Happy to provide higher res photos and more details via email. More pics on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/spitfirestu/6343824409/in/photostream

Prices include shipping via USPS Priority or UPS Ground in the Continental US. Willing to ship to the UK, Japan, Australia, and some other European countries at actual cost to buyer. I can accept Bank of America transfer or in person cash. For Paypal the fee is the buyer's responsibility.

Nikon D3 $2595:
It is a USA model and includes the box, body cap, manual, charger, charger cable, AV cable, other paperwork, strap, etc. The shutter was recently replaced and only has around 20K actuations. The camera works %100 and the shutter flies at 11fps in DX and 9fps in FX like a charm.

Cosmetically the camera does show some wear and is priced accordingly, hundreds less than other used D3s on eBay right now. Specifically there is some finish wear near the vertical shutter release, the left side AV and USB outlets, and near the ISO WB Qual buttons. There are no dings, dents, signs of abuse, or impact damage. There are some light scratches and scuffs. Please look at the photos for more overall detail. The shutter was replaced by Nikon USA in 2010, hence the low shutter actuations. The service invoice from Nikon will be included.

When the shutter was replaced the camera also received a general check and clean. The mirror, mirror box, viewfinder, ports, etc, are all clean and free of dust or other intrusive elements.

D700 1: The camera is in the box with the battery, charger, charger cable, USB cable, AV cable, aftermarket UP Strap ($40) and manual. Camera functions 100% and works great. The camera also includes an extra genuine OEM Nikon EN-El3e battery. About 25k actuations.

Overall the camera is in excellent condition with few signs of wear. There are no dings, dents, signs of abuse, or major finish wear. The bayonet mount has a few marks from mounting lenses, otherwise the camera is very clean.

D700 2 $1745: The camera is in the box with the battery, charger, charger cable, USB cable, AV cable, aftermarket Optech Pro neoprene strapp (not pictured), and manual. Camera functions 100% and works great. Has 167k actuations from time lapses and doesnt show it at all.

The camera is in good overall condition with no dings, dents, or signs of abuse. There is some wear near the lower left bottom of the camera from a tripod plate. Otherwise it is in very clean condition and has additional grip material added to the CF door which makes the camera easier to hold. The rubber grip material on the rear thumb area is a tiny bit loose but does not impact operation at all.

Nikon 28-70 $1145: Affectionately known as the “Beast” this lens is a tank and a favorite of photographers who demand pristine image quality in a lens

This particular copy is a lightly used US Model, complete with the OEM Nikon hood, front and rear caps, and Nikon hard case. Also included is a second Nikon OEM hood, which are not easy to find and are close to $50 alone on eBay.

The lens is sharp and the AF-S focuses without loud squeaks. The zooming action is smooth and the front and rear elements are very clean and the front was always covered by a filter. The bayonet shows few signs of use and the aperture ring locks perfectly. No oil on the blades and they are clean and snappy. Glass is free of dust, contaminants, and other particles.

Barrel is clean and show few signs of use. Overall a very low used and nice copy of the 28-70.

Nikon 24-70 $1195: Priced for the issues on this lens, it still is useable. I am the original owner and bought the lens new as a USA model from Samy’s Camera in Santa Ana, CA in 2008. It includes the hood, front and rear caps, box, manual, purchase receipt, soft case, strap, Styrofoam, registration card, etc.

The lens is tack sharp and focuses great. No AF-S squeaks. Rear bayonet is clean. Front and rear optics are also excellent. I used a filter from day 1.

With that said, here are the issues with the lens:The lense's zoom cam is kinked. The zooming on the lens is pretty stiff and it takes some extra effort to zoom in the 35mm range when going from 24mm to 70mm. It is not impossible but the extra effort required to zoom is noticeable. The rubber for the zoom ring has come loose but is still on. The front filter threads also have a ding. You can mount filters just fine, but you have to be careful not to cross thread and use a little elbow grease to get filters on. There are some scuffs/small scratches near the zoom engravings as well. The hood mount bayonet has a small piece that came off. The lens was in a camera bag and the bag fell out of a car 3 feet from the seat to the ground, which caused the zoom to stiffen. The hood still mounts fine but has a tad bit of shake to it. The box got smushed in storage and is pretty shopworn.

Otherwise lens works great. The optics are clean and scratch free and in excellent shape. If you are fine with stiffer zooming and don’t change filters a lot, the lens is a great deal. It is still totally useable and $600 less than new. Super sharp wide open and that Nano coating contrast. I’m selling the lens because I don’t use the focal length a whole lot and tend to gravitate towards the 17-35 or a 50 prime.

Pages: [1]   Go Up