Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Cambo Wide 4x5 with Schneider 47mm XL  (Read 1891 times)

mmurph

• http://
FS: Cambo Wide 4x5 with Schneider 47mm XL
« on: November 11, 2011, 02:33:02 pm »

Hello folks,

I am selling one of my 4x5 film cameras, a

Cambo Wide 47mm XL camera with lens cone, ground glass, back protector, bubble levels, and cable release

The lens is a Schneider 47mm XL f/ 5.6 Multi Coated. It is in “Very Good+” or better condition. The serial number is 14608983, which according to Schneider was built in April 1996. It is a very clean, sharp, quility modern multi-coated lens.

The front and back lens surfaces are very clean, with no obvious scratches or marks. It has always been protected with a UV filter while I owned it. There may be slight cleaning marks and normal wear from use. No interior dust, fungus, schneideritis, etc.

The protecting rails are still on the cone and are solid, with no wobble, etc.

The camera itself is in Very Good+ condition, with no major scratches or marks. There are some small signs of use. The shift index scale on the bottom of the camera – where it is often held – shows some dirt or wear on the blue index panel. There are two small corners, 1 on the body and 1 on the lens panel, where there is just a bit of silver showing through the blacking. Otherwise the blacking on the body is intact and shows only light signs of use.

The bubble levels both look to be in good shape. The ground glass is also Very Good +, no real scratches or marks, it just shows a bit of use.

I will get some pictures posted later today.

There are a few Cambo Wide 47mm on eBay.

One with a lens cone and lens only (no body) is posted at $1,600. The cameras with lens start at $1,9000 for a camera and lens only, and go up from there, to $2,800 with some accessories.

I am asking $1,650 net to me, plus insured shipping. Open to reasonable offers.

Payment by Chase QuickPay would be best, it is free to both of us. All you need is a US bank account, as I have a Chase account. Open to other options.

There is no center filter or viewfinder included with this camera. I have a second Cambo Wide with 65mm lens. I am going to keep the viewfinder, center filter, and Cambo monocular viewer to use on that camera for now, although I am willing to sell that camera and some of those components. I am downsizing my kit due to pinched nerves in my neck, not sure how much I will eventually keep.
I have some history here. You can also look also at my eBay ID - mmurph

I have 114 positive there, no negatives. Registered since 1998.

I will get detailed photos later today.

PM or e-mail if you are interested. I am going to put this on eBay this weekend. I would prefer to sell it here first.

Cheers!

Michael
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 05:33:59 pm by mmurph »

mmurph

• http://
Re: FS: Cambo Wide 4x5 with Schneider 47mm XL
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 05:35:26 pm »

JohnBrady

Re: FS: Cambo Wide 4x5 with Schneider 47mm XL
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 09:45:10 pm »

I am interested, You can email me jbrady@timeandlight.com

www.timeandlight.com