Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom Export Folder Selection  (Read 1975 times)

RFPhotography

Lightroom Export Folder Selection
« on: November 09, 2011, 08:11:53 am »

When I try to export a selection of images from LR using Specific Folder (or choose folder later) the only available location that shows up in the hierarchy is my Desktop.  No other folders/drives are visible.  I had this problem once before and managed to resolve it but don't recall now what I did.  I've tried shutting down LR and restarting.  Rebooting the computer and restoring the default export presets.  If I select Export as Catalogue, then my entire folder/drive hierarchy is visible.  Using LR 3.5 on Win7 Pro 64.

Thanks.

leuallen

Re: Lightroom Export Folder Selection
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 08:58:09 am »

Sounds similar to a problem I had. The solution for me was to reduce the number of items on the Desktop. I cleaned up my Desktop and the problem went away.

Larry

eliedinur

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 09:05:30 am »

If you don't find another solution you could export to a folder on your desktop and then just move the folder to wherever.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 10:10:02 am »

There's a funny bug, and it is usually triggered when a lot of files are on the desktop.

Try this. In the folder dialog, at the bottom you can type "D:\" or whatever, and doing so once usually resolves the bug.

John

RFPhotography

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 12:38:13 pm »

Ah ha!  Thanks, John.  Maybe that's what I did last time it happened too, but I honestly can't remember.  It's very odd because it was fine last night and nothing changed on the desktop this morning.  Ah well, Windoze.  ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up