Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom Web Galleries FTP errors  (Read 2711 times)

sevenish

Lightroom Web Galleries FTP errors
« on: November 07, 2011, 05:31:21 am »

Hi everyone
I've just been recommended this forum and wish I knew about it sooner!

Im hoping someone can help me with my LR3 problem as its been frustrating me for months and months and I can't seem to find an answer. Is there someone techie out there that can help??

I use LR3 to produce web galleries that I upload through the in-built FTP section in the Web module but 9/10 times I get the message "An error occurred sending the file : a response was not received in time" and the gallery won't upload (even when using very small file sizes and limiting the number of images in the gallery). It does work eventually but it sucks to sit there for hours trying over and over.

Both my ISP (Optus ADSL) and my webhost (BluDomain) deny there is a problem on their end, and I can't find anything on the web to find my answer. The galleries are brilliant and I would love to continue using them. I've also used Cyberduck with the same issue. Oh, and Im on a Mac.

Thanks!!

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
Re: Lightroom Web Galleries FTP errors
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 06:03:51 am »

And what happens when you save your gallery on the disk, and then upload it to ftp via a dedicated client (I use filezilla under Win, there is an OSX version)?
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery

sevenish

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 06:07:25 am »

I've tried exporting to HD and using Cyberduck still with problems. I haven't tried Filezilla, it took me a lot of guesswork to get cyberduck to work so not that confident that Im doing it correctly. Its just so convenient having it in LR.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 06:46:35 am »

I don't know cyberduck, but the advantage it should have is that there will be a log file option. It'll look like mumbo jumbo but should allow you to see where a problem's happening.

In LR, are you sure that you have the upload settings right - in particular, the passive mode settings.

John

sevenish

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 07:12:55 am »

Thanks so much for the help, I've managed to download Filezilla and set it up AND upload a gallery successfully!! So relieved to have found (so far) a more reliable option, but I do hope to get LR to work properly one of these days.

Im using Passive setting on LR FTP settings

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 07:22:50 am »

Have you tried the not passive or other options? Check with the host for the settings they recommend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up