Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Facebook and LuLa  (Read 7480 times)

dturina

• Picasa gallery
Re: Facebook and LuLa
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 05:10:32 am »

Yes, but...

If one is looking for numbers, then no doubt Facebook is the place to be.

But then you get all of the wankers, malcontents, and dumbos.

No, thanks. I'd rather deal with mature, intelligent people who are passionate about photography than the bitchers, moaners and know-it-alls that inhabit unmoderated sites.

Michael

I agree. "Social media" are a modern day IRC - a huge waste of time and socializing for the sake of socializing. It's a digital equivalent of sitting in a pub all day and not having a life. Topical forums built around real content, such as this one, can also be called social media, but the quality of information exchanged is much greater.

I don't oppose facebook or g+ as personal registration services that could replace multiple login accounts for all kinds of discussion boards (such as this one) in the future, but as things are now, trying anything there is like going to the main city square because that's where people are, and try to make a conversation about any specific subject. Signal to noise ratio is *so* going to suck.
Danijel

Steven Draper

• http://www.stevendraperphotography.com
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2011, 01:31:11 pm »

Other than create agvertising revenue for Facebook, in many cases a face book page is really there to drive traffic to blogs and websites etc, or be a little more dynamic if the main web page is static. To do them properly takes quiet a lot of time and you have to deal with constant changes to the interface. It's become much more difficult to get likes now days which are really needed to get your content to appear in peoples feeds.

I argee with Michael that LuLa is pretty well known and doesn't really need facebook!

However I do have a page where I'm sharing my latest photographic adventure -- please feel free to visit and like!!

http://www.facebook.com/focusbritain
image examples are at my website  [url=h

jeremyrh

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 05:33:54 am »

"Social media" are a modern day IRC - a huge waste of time and socializing for the sake of socializing. It's a digital equivalent of sitting in a pub all day and not having a life.

Social media are just that - media. Whether they are a waste of time or not depends on how you use them, and what one person considers as "a life" is not how another sees things.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up