Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New England / Connecticut Portfolios  (Read 5684 times)

larryg

• Larry gaskill photography
New England / Connecticut Portfolios
« on: February 09, 2004, 11:44:06 am »

For what it is worth I have a few images from VT, ME and NH
on my website:

Interesting scenerio: I give out my web address (only place given) and the next day I get emails with mydoom virus attached from all over the world.  Geeeeez   thank goodness for mcafee

Go to galleries and then go to Northeastern Gallery

Nice place to photograph in the fall

chrisn

• http://www.NicholsonPrints.com
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2004, 11:31:48 am »

I don't have a "New England Landscapes Portfolio," but I have a few photos online that I've made in New England (I live in southern Connecticut). Here's a few off the top of my head:

Red-wheeled wagon in autumn, Connecticut
Red-wheeled wagon in snowfall, Connecticut
Lowbush blueberry in fall, Maine
Prospect Harbor Point Lighthouse, Maine
Beach Dog, Cape Cod
Sunrise mist over marsh, Connecticut
Railroad bridge in fall, Connecticut

Do you live on the farm, or just run it from afar? Just curious. My cousins are thinking of buying a goat cheese farm in Vermont.

Chris

-----
Chris Nicholson
NicholsonPrints.com
Chris Nicholson
[url=http://www.Nicholso

Bill Ozanne

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 07:19:17 pm »

I live in Southern CT as well, I actually started this topic before I became a member.  Chrisn mentioned a good point....complete lack of public lands.  I have some great shots on my mind, they just involve walking across some multi-million dollar private properties.  

One thing to keep in mind is that property owners only own the land up to the high water mark (the highest of the annual high tides).  Good advice if you want to shoot on Long Island Sound.

CHRISN...it's more of a vacation farm ran from afar but we are currently working on an elm tree nursery.  Goat cheese farm sounds like a fantastic idea...the old line Vermonters don't realize cow's milk isn't going to cut it for long.

Bill Ozanne

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 09:00:28 pm »

I agree, New Hampshire is quite amazing.  Their public land situation is quite a bit different than Fairfield County Connecticut though.

Despite it's small size (compared to western states) a little hiking can get you into some pretty wild places in New Hampshire.  

I think Vermont has similar laws to NH about private land.  Unless its "posted" anyone can cross it.  Although, I wouldn't setup your camper van on private property...the law is meant to cater to hunters and maybe the occasional photographer.

Bill

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 02:53:03 pm »

Does anybody have any links to landscape photo portfolios of New England?  Or more specifically Vermont, New Hampshire, or Connecticut.

I'm just interested in looking at some online.

Thanks

Bill

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2004, 12:48:52 pm »

Thanks for the link.  I like your photos.  I have a farm not too far from Texas Falls in Vermont.  Great little spot...try not to let the secret out.  It's amazing how those falls change with the seasons.

marksct

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2004, 04:21:17 pm »

I live in Southern CT.

I don't see much in CT. landscape photography publications here.

I would love to get together with some CT. Photog and compare notes on their experiences with CT. Landscape work.

Mark
Great images continue to exist even if t

Ken

• http://kenschuster.com
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2004, 05:04:35 pm »

"... Chrisn mentioned a good point....complete lack of public lands.  I have some great shots on my mind, they just involve walking across some multi-million dollar private properties."

There are thousands of acres open to the public in New Hampshire, and much of it is owned by private conservation organizations such as the NH Audubon Society, Ausbon Sargent Land Trust, and a variety of "forest societies." Of course there are national and state parks and forests too.

In addition, just the opposite of about everywhere else in the US, New Hampshire law states that anyone can walk on any private property, unless signs are posted (not more than 300 feet apart) to the contrary.

And... it's beautiful, and quite different, in all four seasons.
Pages: [1]   Go Up