Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greenville South Carolina Photo Locations  (Read 7899 times)

Philip Weber

Greenville South Carolina Photo Locations
« on: November 05, 2011, 05:19:33 pm »

I just moved to Greenville South Carolina and would appreciate any suggestions on places to photograph (including the South Carolina coast). I used to live in the Asheville North Carolina area, so I familiar with the BR Parkway area that's close by, but don't have any experience with this part of the state. I shoot mostly landscape/nature and wildlife but also enjoy photographing cool buildings, etc.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.
Phil

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
Re: Greenville South Carolina Photo Locations
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 07:35:26 am »

Cherokee Hills, the lake at Tryon, Saluda - there's a road leading out of Saluda going south, it's twisty and scenic, can't recall the highway number.

4buy5

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 10:54:43 am »

I live in Greenville:

Try this site, also located in Greenville, as Bill Robertson sells a large number nature photos to Healthcare facilities all over the SE.

http://www.brphoto.net/

Philip Weber

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 02:08:01 pm »

Thank you for the suggestions!

Phil

jrayupchurch

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 09:55:15 pm »

I live in upstate South Carolina and you live near one of the most under rated mountain areas in the USA. The mountains are not tall 3000 ft. but it’s in a small area of temperate rain forest at the SC, GA and NC border. There are hundreds of waterfalls some as tall as 400 feet. Some are accessible by car but their many only by long and hard hikes. Please visit the state parks Jones Gap, Tablerock and Caesars Head for more information. There are also two great photo books on the mountains in this area at Caesars Head Park Headquarters. Highway 11 and 276 will take you to 5 different state parks. Highway 276 is also a great dive to Blue Ridge Parkway.

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up