Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copying raw files to a DVD on an IMac  (Read 4160 times)

Stu Mitchell

Copying raw files to a DVD on an IMac
« on: November 04, 2011, 05:22:38 pm »

I recently took 290 pictures in raw format at a wedding reception using a Canon 40D. I loaded the pictures via Bridge onto my IMac (OSX 10.6.8). After modifying all of the pictures, I would like to copy them to a DVD for the bride and groom. I know they can be opened individually in Photoshop and saved as jpegs; i believe that they can then be loaded onto a DVD via iDVD. It strikes me that there must be a more efficient technique. Of course if I open the folder in Photoshop and save it as a jpeg, I would lose all of the modifications I made in raw. I would appreciate any suggestions. 

KeithR

Re: Copying raw files to a DVD on an IMac
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 06:08:50 pm »

I recently took 290 pictures in raw format at a wedding reception using a Canon 40D. I loaded the pictures via Bridge onto my IMac (OSX 10.6.8). After modifying all of the pictures, I would like to copy them to a DVD for the bride and groom. I know they can be opened individually in Photoshop and saved as jpegs; i believe that they can then be loaded onto a DVD via iDVD. It strikes me that there must be a more efficient technique. Of course if I open the folder in Photoshop and save it as a jpeg, I would lose all of the modifications I made in raw. I would appreciate any suggestions. 
No that's not correct. Your raw files were opened in ACR through Bridge. You made modifications. Great! Now save them as jpegs. I do this all the time through the "Image Processor"(a lot faster than one at a time) and can export to tiffs, jpegs and in sRGB and put those in another file to burn a cd/dvd or to put on line. All of your changes will be there. The raw files stay the way you left them.   
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

Stu Mitchell

Re: Copying raw files to a DVD on an IMac
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 04:20:17 pm »

Thanks Keith. Image Processor worked perfectly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up