Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Perseverance: How Dano fixed the driver for my 4900....  (Read 1014 times)

simdoc1

Perseverance: How Dano fixed the driver for my 4900....
« on: November 04, 2011, 03:17:13 pm »

Some of you may remember that I had some trouble with my new Epson 4900 after I installed the new driver v8.64 (Intel iMac running OSX 10.6.8). With the new driver, my individual listings of the fine art papers (cold press bright and natural, hot press bright and natural, etc.) did not appear in the print dialogue. I uninstalled and reinstalled the new driver several times without success and finally went back to the version on the DVD that came with the printer (which did retain all of the fine art choices). Dano had suggested that not only should I turn the 4900 off while installing the driver but that I needed to unplug the printer from the wall. I thought this was too ridiculous to actually go through all the uninstalling and reinstalling; HOWEVER, I tried it this morning and it worked!! Driver v8.64 is installed and working. Amazing!!

I should underline that the difficulty I was having is reportedly quite uncommon and i am posting this (1) out of appreciation for the perseverance of Dano in trying to help me out and (2) just in case some one else running a Mac is having a problem like this. I wouldn't have believed that unplugging the printer was necessary but I am told that, in this particular circumstance, there seems to be enough retained electricity to hold onto some component of the previous driver and to generate a conflict.

Thanks, Dano!!

Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up