Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eco Print Shield- rough canvas edges  (Read 700 times)

StuNY

Eco Print Shield- rough canvas edges
« on: November 04, 2011, 03:03:05 pm »

Just started using Eco Print Shield and rolling it on. I was using varnish before for canvas gallery wraps but didn't like the fumes.
Was very excited with the results- until I trimmed the canvas to the frame. I noticed the edges of the cut flaked the ink from the canvas, instead of the clean cuts I got with the varnish. In looking closely at my scrap trimmings afterwards, I found that in a couple places when I bent them they "snapped" and created a perfectly clean straight crack through the coating and ink layer. Yet, just an inch away, the folds were clean and didn't crack at all. Looking at the coating after each layer application seemed very even- was very impressed how much more even than I could get with rolling on varnish. 

Did I just not put enough layers on? I did two layers of gloss, then a layer of satin. Sure looked nice after it dried, and the fold test on the corners of the canvas didn't crack so I thought I had done it right.

Appreciate any help, really like the product finish wise, just hope I can resolve the edge issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up