Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon C300 - new pro camera for moviemakers  (Read 1424 times)

design_freak

Canon C300 - new pro camera for moviemakers
« on: November 04, 2011, 04:42:19 am »

Finally, they have released something that can make movies - modular camera for moviemakers  
;D

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/03/the-canon-hollywood-event-liveblog/

:o

Price - about USD 20 000
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:07:47 am by design_freak »
Best regards,
DF

fredjeang

Re: Canon C300 - new pro camera for moviemakers
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 08:01:58 am »

I don't want to cut the buzz and bring bad vibes into what could be a happy news, but I do think that this Canon is not that much interesting.

As I expressed in the video forum, it falls between a rock and a hard place.

It's a sort of mix between the 3K Sony and an Epic, but it does not have the price of Sony nor has the Raw capabilities of the Epic.
Then the Canon lenses AF...

If you can put on the table what they ask for this camera, you can check the Scarlet wich IMO is a more advanced and exciting tool.

Canon still think old way and protects both their motion and still market. This camera falls in a no-man's land.
Their still cameras never end to embrasse better motion, and their motion cams never ends to be what a lot of us were expecting.

There where signs that, talking about generalists, Sony and Panasonic are the brands we will see, and Red of course.

Erratum: I now think they target the Alexa. Price and specs in this case is well thought.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:30:49 pm by fredjeang »

mediumcool

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 08:17:06 am »

Wonder where it will fit in. Ergonomics look good, but $20K?
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

design_freak

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 08:18:07 am »

I don't want to cut the buzz and bring bad vibes into what could be a happy news, but I do think that this Canon is not that much interesting.

As I expressed in the video forum, it falls between a rock and a hard place.

It's a sort of mix between the 3K Sony and an Epic, but it does not have the price of Sony nor has the Raw capabilities of the Epic.
Then the Canon lenses AF...

If you can put on the table what they ask for this camera, you can check the Scarlet wich IMO is a more advanced and exciting tool.

Canon still think old way and protects both their motion and still market. This camera falls in a no-man's land.

There where signs that, talking about generalists, Sony and Panasonic are the brands we will see, and Red of course.

I am aware of this issue. But ... I think it's the right way. Namely, modular system. This is a camera, not a photographic camera with movie recording function. Canon 5D MK II is a misunderstanding to me - but the market showed something else. Still, I think they are on course now. Well I keep my fingers crossed. Competition is good :-)
Best regards,
DF
Pages: [1]   Go Up