GEOFFREYJAMES

Tango
« on: November 03, 2011, 10:02:45 pm »

Havana -- Mamiya 6,  50 mm, Ilford HP5. 

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Re: Tango
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 10:23:17 pm »

I very much the juxtaposition of the different couples in the frame and the feeling of fluid smooth motion of the dance that I get. Well captured and I like it very much.

Wild Nature Photo Travel

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 09:29:49 am »

Nice image with lots of movement and interest, but I would have pushed it more towards something like this version below, which is difficult for me to do at work without any photo-editing software on my computer. I would have also used the dreaded cropping tool, just to pull the viewer more into the shot.

Dave (UK)

GEOFFREYJAMES

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 10:39:04 am »

Thanks,  both.   I am not a big cropper and only use it only as a last resort.  The tango picture is part of a book I am noing on Cuba which will be published next year.  It is a complicated design  problem  because  a lot of the pictures are made with a 5x15 ratio Noblex, the rest being squares.  Here are a few more from that event -- they are not typical of the rest of the book, which deals with the difficult lives of Cubans.  Geoffrey James

Trevor Murgatroyd

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 03:34:50 pm »

If you are the Geoffrey James of "Toronto" and "Utopia/Distopia" sitting in my bookshelf, many thanks.

I went to Ottawa to see your exhibition at the National Gallery and saw some of your work recently at the AGO or ROM (I forget which). Thanks again.

If you are a different Geoffrey James, I beg your pardon.

Trevor

GEOFFREYJAMES

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 09:36:30 am »

Trevor,

That was my work.   There is another  Geoffrey James who is a tech guru who writes books with titles like The Tao of Programming.   On his website,  he says he isn't the Geoffrey James who takes arty photographs,  but he has some of my books on his office coffee-table.  I suppose I could pretend to know a lot about computers....
Pages: [1]   Go Up