Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon strikes back...  (Read 52626 times)

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
Re: Canon strikes back...
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2012, 12:11:24 pm »

I think I have found what I need for video. A nikon with HDMI into a http://atomos.com/ninja/ a monitor like (http://www.tvlogicusa.com/product/product.php?idx=67), it will all add £2-£3k to the price but will cover what I need.
The D4 with it's three crop factors is another bonus in my eyes.
I've just started constructing a gyro mount after various experiments of configurations, a D4 mounted on the gyro should cover my aerial stills and video needs. I would of liked it to be the D "X" but those crops and hdmi in the Nikon win it for me. I tried both the nikon and Canon at a show, shooting video while waving them around to induce some rolling shutter effect. Viewing on the small camera screens I could net see any.
The 300c is getting good reviews, but I don't see it as a camera that will be around for more than five minutes despite the talked about quality.

Kevin.
Kevin.

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2012, 12:20:49 pm »

The D4/recorder option seems like the dream team but..

-The mini HDMI is a very weak link in the chain unless something like the zacuto pincher fits .. which I guess it won't due to battery placement
-the D4 seems like it may have a very soft image (best to wait until they are reviewed by some video nerds)

A side note - I don't know the Atmos but my minimal experience with Sound Devices - utter brilliance - tells me that a Pix 240 would be worth checking

The crops are indeed a massive bonus !

As for the C300 being a five minute wonder.. I completely agree

Best

SamMM
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

Bernard ODonovan

« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2012, 05:44:06 pm »

The Canon 5D2 with kit lens price has dropped into the abyss...

Normally happens when the retailers get a hint something is coming to replace it...

;)

fredjeang

« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2012, 06:19:02 pm »

Well, it's the time to buy one or 2 then. I bet you my hat that the new Canon won't bring any revolution.

Bern Caughey

• WONDROS
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up