Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paper shipments repeatedly arriving damaged  (Read 9914 times)

deanwork

Re: Paper shipments repeatedly arriving damaged
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 01:34:20 am »

As Jim put it here, double boxing is the only way to ship this stuff, if they don't do that move on to another supplier. But also, at least here in Atlanta, UPS is a disaster no matter who ships it. I have used Fed Ex totally for about 7 years now and never have to deal with destroyed boxes. In the rare occasion where someone ships me something UPS it is always bent, and if it's inkjet paper it's destroyed.

john

JohnTodd

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 02:49:18 pm »

One has to hope the same returned boxes of paper aren't going back into stock and going round and round.

BarbaraArmstrong

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 05:04:55 pm »

In the Washington, DC area, I would go to Ace Photo in Ashburn, VA.  They are a short way north of Dulles Airport and have a large stock of high quality papers.  Especially if it's out of your way, I'd call first to see if they have the paper you want. Online, they are at acephoto.net. 

BarbaraArmstrong

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011, 05:08:17 pm »

A further note, at Ace Photo, if you ask nicely, they'll let you into the back stockroom to look over the selection.  Otherwise, you have to ask at the desk for what you want.  --Barbara

Sven W

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 05:21:57 pm »

One up for Epson's boxes, both for sheets and rolls.
I haven't returned one single box in 8 years(for box damages). But a lot of other brands.

/Sven
Stockholm, Sweden

meyerweb

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 09:06:45 pm »

Jan, you might want to give Embassy a call. I don't know if they'll order it or not, but they're the only other local shop I can think of that MIGHT do that.

http://www.ephotocraft.com/Contact.asp

Jan Morales

• Jan Morales Photography
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2011, 09:18:32 pm »

I am happy to report that today I received a box of Ilford GFS 17"x22" paper from Shades of Paper very well packed and in perfect condition. What a relief. Thank you to all who responded.

Jan

Jan Morales

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2011, 09:22:31 pm »

P.S. I should add that while the paper from Adorama was damaged due to poor packing, Adorama customer service was always impeccable. They never argued or asked me to pay for return shipping. The refund for the damaged paper came through today.

meyerweb

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 06:11:54 pm »

I am happy to report that today I received a box of Ilford GFS 17"x22" paper from Shades of Paper very well packed and in perfect condition. What a relief. Thank you to all who responded.

Jan

From vendor 'A' or 'B'?

Jan Morales

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 06:21:13 pm »

From vendor 'A' or 'B'?

I got the paper from Shades of Paper (www.shadesofpaper.com). A and B are Adorama and B&H, respectively.

CynthiaM

• http://www.cynthiamerzerphotography.com/
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2011, 09:22:44 am »

Years ago I had ordered a box of Velvet Fine Art 13x19 sheets from B&H.  When unpacked, the box of paper was obviously dented on one corner.  I called B&H immediately because I didn't want to be stuck with the paper if I broke the seal and opened the paper box.  They asked me to open the box and see if the paper was actually damaged; it was.  They were very good about taking it back and paying for return shipping but i was P.O.ed nonetheless because i needed the paper for a print to submit to a competition.  Fortunately I was able to buy it locally but of course for more money.

I now buy most of my paper from Atlex.  Their prices are very good.  It always come beautifully packed either surrounded by foam peanuts or the air pocket things.  And I have never had a problem with any papers that I have bought from Red River.
Cynthia Merzer
[url=http://www.cynthiame

GamutGirl

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2011, 04:15:02 pm »

We've had paper shipping issues from Red River and Brilliant brand papers. They went away when we ordered Epson brand premium paper from AI Friedman in NYC. But we order in bulk, so our stuff sometimes arrives on shipping pallets. Otherwise, the paper comes tightly packed in boxes. With the other stuff, the paper would come in huge boxes with little to no packing material. Once we opened the box, the paper corners would be bent rendering them useless in our 3880s, because the damn print heads would get stuck on the bent corners leaving nasty marks. We also experienced humidity issues in winter with the generic, non-Epson brand papers. The papers would curl in the dry air.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up