Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Placing Photo Info in Print Module  (Read 1599 times)

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
Placing Photo Info in Print Module
« on: November 02, 2011, 12:14:07 pm »

I want to set up some text underneath an image in the border area.  I'm using the Photo Info tab and want to create a Sequence such as 1 / 50, 2 / 50, etc.  It's working, but placing the info centred underneath the image.  I'd like it to print on either the far left or far right side.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this within LR3?
Mike Guilbault

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: Placing Photo Info in Print Module
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 01:10:04 pm »

I've never used Photo Info but there doesn't seem to be a way to change it.  You could enter the information as a watermark or custom identity plate but you'd have to enter the information manually for each different print.  Would give you more layout options though.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 01:51:02 pm »

That's kinda what I found too... just was hoping I was missing something.
Mike Guilbault

howardm

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 02:13:16 pm »

Do-able w/ ImageMagick and some Lightroom export glue but your head might explode before you got it all working.

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 06:27:55 pm »

The text layout capabilities in the current version of Lightroom really suck. They are extremely limited in terms of what you can do. This is one of the things I am really hoping they improve in Lightroom 4. If you want to do a book layout with some even slightly sophisticated fonts and positions you can't currently do it in Lightroom (unfortunately).

Currently, the text layout is fine if you just want some basic info for proofing purposes; and to be fair, this is really what is has been designed for to date. I am hoping for more in the future though.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

JeanMichel

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 10:06:20 am »

Hi,

Same here. Prior to getting a Leica M9, which came with a LR license, my work flow was Bridge - ACR - PS. In PS I simply changed the canvas size and added and formatted information a I pleased (title, date of image, date of printing...). It would be nice if a future LR had such a feature but until then I guess that a trip to PS is the only way to achieve this.
Jean-Michel
Pages: [1]   Go Up