Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grid view in develop?  (Read 1592 times)

dreed

Grid view in develop?
« on: November 02, 2011, 08:55:10 am »

From time to time to I find myself wishing that I could view the images in the library with the grid view whilst in the develop module rather than the library.

Is that possible?

I suppose the film strip at the bottom should mean that I don't need the grid, but the pictures in the grid are typically larger than the film strip.

Why not make the filmstrip taller?

Because it isn't possible to have the film strip height be different for each mode, so a tall film strip in develop means a tall film strip when looking at the grid.

Now  if you could turn off the film strip when looking at the grid, that would kind of make sense as they're both showing the same information.  Well sort of but close enough for me, anyway, unless there are some multi-select things that work in grid but not film strip or vice versa.

Why do I want to do this?

Because sometimes I'm looking to see what edits I have (or have not) made and thus want to see the develop history and that is only visible from the develop module, thus I find myself "browsing" in develop and that's a bit slower (not to mention differences in picture size.)

Another option would be to be able to display/expand a "Develop history" panel on the left (or right?) when a single image is selected from library mode?

eliedinur

Re: Grid view in develop?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 09:23:58 am »

Now  if you could turn off the film strip when looking at the grid, that would kind of make sense as they're both showing the same information.
F6 toggles the filmstrip.

Right-click on the filmstrip and enable View Options/Show Photos in Navigator on Mouse-over and you will be able to see a bigger version of the thumbnail.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 09:26:51 am »

Activate the second screen - even if you don't have one.

John

meyerweb

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 09:40:30 am »

Now that is a slick trick, and not one I would ever have thought to try.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 10:12:13 am »

You can use a variation on the same trick if you want to compare your work against the appearance of another image. Switch on the 2nd screen, select the other image in the grid, go to loupe view, set "Locked" and then on your first screen select the image you want to work on. Works best with two screens, of course, but is still handy on one.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 01:03:03 pm »

Activate the second screen - even if you don't have one.

John
Yup.  John beat me to it, but it works well.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

dreed

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 05:47:57 pm »

I actually do use a second (physical) screen...

which is kind of why I would like to be able to keep the grid display (without the film strip) when in "develop".

being able to use develop with the gri, no film strip and the edit window/loupe on the second display would be ideal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up