Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C2PS: Schewe's studio  (Read 6524 times)

bjornaagedk

C2PS: Schewe's studio
« on: November 02, 2011, 08:09:04 am »

Hi Jeff.

Thank you for showing us your exiting workspace in the latest C2PS video. When I first saw a picture of your "cockpit" at your homepage, maybe 5 years ago, I found myself sitting with a loupe at my monitor, trying to see the details and how you built such an impressive workspace  ;). (Unfortunately the picture could not be clicked to full screen).

And thanks for the great tutorials. The best thing must be to have Michael and you sitting here in MY studio, explaining all details, but since I don't have such big money - these videos are the second best. I look forward to see what is coming.

Best wishes from the land of PhaseOne  ;D
Bjorn
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 08:11:00 am by bjornaagedk »

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: C2PS: Schewe's studio
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 08:08:09 pm »

And thanks for the great tutorials. The best thing must be to have Michael and you sitting here in MY studio, explaining all details, but since I don't have such big money - these videos are the second best. I look forward to see what is coming.

Bjorn,

Thanks for the kind words...we appreciate it!

As for my space, it's kinda funny...(and ironic).

My daughter used to go to a private school who had an annual fund raising event every year–a silent auction for goods/services/things...a couple of years I bought Chicago Bulls court side seats for playoff games and took my daughter–she got to see Michael Jordan and Denis Rodman up close–real close (Rodman almost landed on her in one game).

The last year she was in grade school, the most interesting thing to bid on was a custom designed "space". This was the person who also had a kid in the same school who offered up the design part of a custom space. She had done a lot of Chicago area video production suites so I bid on and won the right to have her design my space.

I'm glad I did...the deal was her design fees were included and the rest was at cost. I think I got a great deal!

For the space I have, it's a great design...and has served me very well. The dual 30" plus a 24" main workstation is great for working in multiple applications–I ordered my Mac Pro with dual matching video cards so I could easily deal with the real  estate–which worked out well when CS4/CS5 started using GPU. Mixed vid cards suck :~(

Look real hard at some of the details of the workspace...we're gonna have a contest to spot the weird things visible in my environment...I'll give one clue, yes, the "claw" is really an alligator claw I got in New Orleans in a voodoo shop...creeps some people out when they find out exactly what it is :~)

There are more things...also we'll have a contest to award something to the person who correctly counts the number of shirts both Mike and I wear during the video...you can't really know till the last segment is posted :~)

Edited to change shorts to shirts in the last paragraph :~)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:50:42 pm by Schewe »

michael

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 09:04:35 pm »

I think you mean "shirts", Jeff. I change my shorts every day.

Michael

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 09:30:00 pm »

Luckily I rarely frame beneath the desk

Greg Barnett

• http://
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 09:44:13 pm »

The dual 30" plus a 24" main workstation is great for working in multiple applications....

I've sat next to Jeff in front of this rig and it's like being in mission control!...

Schewe

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 10:49:55 pm »

I think you mean "shirts", Jeff. I change my shorts every day.

You sure? And yes, I DID mean shirts...I'll edit it (and note it for posterity).

Schewe

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 10:56:47 pm »

Luckily I rarely frame beneath the desk

Which is a very, very good idea Chris!

Half the time Mike doesn't wear pants!!!

We've talked to him about that but he keeps saying, hey, I'm Canadian...we don't always wear pants!

(think the commercial where the guys are walking around saying "We Wear Not Pants!")

I immediately though of Michael :~)

Schewe

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 10:59:18 pm »

I've sat next to Jeff in front of this rig and it's like being in mission control!...

Yeah Greg, I might have to disqualify you since I let you sit in my chair!

You got to see everything in person and it was fun having you over!

Tony Jay

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 05:44:11 am »

On a broader note I feel that I need to congratulate both Michael and Jeff on the splendid video series.
Not only camera to print and screen but also the others on which they have collabarated.

They are not only magnificent entertainment value, Michael and Jeff in full flight are a joy to behold,
but more importantly these series are of amazing educational value.

For myself I have been able to move into printing with suprising ease due to the fact that these videos
make have allowed me to streamline my workflow.
Because of this I can now concentrate on the creative and artistic aspects of my photography without
stressing about the colour management and printing issues that seem to bedevil so many.
It is true that the LuLa videos have not been my only reference however it is equally true that these videos
have been the glue that have connected so many issues that on first reading seemed so difficult to
dovetail together.

So congratulations again and long may this partnership prosper.

Tony Jay

michael

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 08:09:49 am »

"I'll edit it (and note it for posterity)."

You mean posteriorty.

Michael
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 08:12:23 am by michael »

degrub

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 08:11:39 am »

it's all behind us now....

michael

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 08:13:03 am »

You're right. In the end, no one will care.

Michael

Ps: OK, back to work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up