Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf aptus use on motorized Hasselblad(553ELX/555ELD)  (Read 2545 times)

DanielStone

Leaf aptus use on motorized Hasselblad(553ELX/555ELD)
« on: November 02, 2011, 01:18:27 am »

Hey all,

I'm looking at purcasing used Aptus 22mp back to begin my start with digital(I don't even own a DSLR ;)). I've already got a 3 lens system working well with film, so I don't want to switch platforms(well, the back might need to have a mount-swap done if I buy it since its an H-platform). However, my primarily used body(I own a 553ELX and a 503CW) is the 553ELX. I just like not having to wind the film all the time :D! Since the body has that part that sticks out under the film back, it doesn't look like there's enough room for the back to work in horizontal mode on it UNTETHERED(so with the battery in place on the bottom) for field/walkaround use. I don't mind using the 503CW, but I just love the 553ELX for the motordrive function alone... That whirring motor gets me every time :D.

Any ideas? 90% of my photographing is outside, or away(by choice) from computers(since I'm shooting film anyhow). I guess I could turn the camera 90degrees to get "horizontal", but would prefer to just remove and rotate the back...

thanks

-Dan

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
Re: Leaf aptus use on motorized Hasselblad(553ELX/555ELD)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 03:27:01 am »

Have a look at this post Dan, hope this helps

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

ced

Re: Leaf aptus use on motorized Hasselblad(553ELX/555ELD)
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 04:45:12 pm »

Daniel your 503 CW with winder is much more compact and no hassels with orientation and makes that motor noise too and can be operated remotely.
I guess you know this but why you like that heavy tower I can't imagine...
Pages: [1]   Go Up