Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about Alpa cameras  (Read 2001 times)

himcheong

Questions about Alpa cameras
« on: October 30, 2011, 06:43:16 am »

Hello

I am a landscaper shooting who is now using hasselblad h2/p1 back for most of my work
i love the system and quality, however after a good 6 years of use, the camera is showing its age unfortunately
i am looking into an upgrade, particularly in alpa cameras, i've great things about them

anyone knows where i can get myself a demo or to rent one in the uk?
this is one piece of expensive equipment, i don't want to spend the money before i even try it

also, can anyone who is kind enough to explain to me what is the difference between the alpa 12 STC and SWA
sorry if this sounds like a stupid question

thanks in advance

Regards
Cheong

dchew

• Dave Chew Photography
Re: Questions about Alpa cameras
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 07:51:34 am »

The STC is smaller with only one handle. It is set up to shift, while the SWA is set up to rise/fall, although you can rotate the cameras to do the opposite. The SWA is nice to hand hold with the two handles, but The STC is used by many hand held as well.

It is really a personal preference.  I have the STC, but must admit I mount it for rise/fall more than shift. Just depends on your subject and style.

Dave

TH_Alpa

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 01:26:29 pm »

Dear Cheong,

Please get in touch with Alpa's official representative for the UK, here:

Linhof & Studio
Paula Pell-Johnson
Image House, 204 Leigh Road, Leigh-on Sea,
Essex SS9 1BS
United Kingdom
Phone: +44 1702 716116
Fax: +44 1702 716662
E-Mail: paula@linhofstudio.com
Web: www.linhofstudio.com

Paula has certainly some demo material.

Hello

I am a landscaper shooting who is now using hasselblad h2/p1 back for most of my work
i love the system and quality, however after a good 6 years of use, the camera is showing its age unfortunately
i am looking into an upgrade, particularly in alpa cameras, i've great things about them

anyone knows where i can get myself a demo or to rent one in the uk?
this is one piece of expensive equipment, i don't want to spend the money before i even try it

also, can anyone who is kind enough to explain to me what is the difference between the alpa 12 STC and SWA
sorry if this sounds like a stupid question

thanks in advance

Regards
Cheong

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 06:00:13 pm »

Frankly if you don't need the t/s movements get the WA not SWA, but I like this model better because of the handles, it also could depend on the lens your using, since the dual grips could get in the way or if your hands are large/gloves etc, trying them out would be best.
I don't own any right now, but I've played with SWA's and WA's and they are very nice. I want one in the future, if I ever get more serious about still life/landscape photography.
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner
Pages: [1]   Go Up