Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paper for Greetings Cards  (Read 4131 times)

cats_five

• Fifescapes Photography
Paper for Greetings Cards
« on: October 30, 2011, 06:28:54 am »

I'm looking for a suitable paper for greetings cards.  It needs to be:
  • Available in A4 sheets in the UK
  • Reasonably priced so is probably in boxes of 25 or even 50 sheets
  • Not too thick - if I can put it in the standard tray and have it feed properly that will be fine - but thick enough that the cards will stand OK.  I'll be printing two on each A4 sheet with the fold down the side, regardless of if it's a portrait or landscape orientation.
  • Hopefully suitable for a dye ink printer as mine is a lot cheaper to run than the pigment ink printer is
  • Doesn't have the 'sticky' feel that a lot of semi-gloss paper has
  • Can be written on on the reverse with a variety of types of pen - these cards will be blank inside for people to write their own messages

Suggestions all welcome.  These cards are primarily intended to raise a bit of money for the local cat rescue shop in the village, most subjects will be cats and kittens though I'll do some snow & ice ones for Xmas, especially the one with the robin on... 

If anyone has some paper they think matches and is willing to send me a couple of sheets I'd be most grateful.  Obviously will pay postage and for the paper.

I have reasonable quality envelopes and transparent envelopes to put them in, so they don't get marked with handling.

And of course they will all have my website URL on the back. :)

Rawcoll

• iCIMAGING
Re: Paper for Greetings Cards
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 09:12:00 am »

Have a look at the Paper Spectrum and On-line paper websites (http://www.paperspectrum.co.uk/ and http://www.on-linepaper.co.uk/ respectively). I've bought some matt finish cards from Paper Spectrum; they come with a pre-creased fold line and envelopes to fit.

Ian

Peter Barnes

• Peter Barnes photographer
Re: Paper for Greetings Cards
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 07:00:56 am »

Ilford make a product called Fine Art Greetings Card - textured paper, 190gsm, scored to fold to A5, but you might not want to pay for the included envelopes.
Peter Barnes
Pages: [1]   Go Up