Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTB: PhaseOne P45+  (Read 3039 times)

flynnyfalcon

WTB: PhaseOne P45+
« on: October 29, 2011, 09:53:04 am »

I am currently weighing up a leap into the medium format digital world.  I think I have found a body and starter lens and am now looking for a P45+ to compliment the setup.

I am looking for a low actuations unit in excellent condition.  H mount.

If you have or know of any up for grabs, please let me know.

Thanks,

Flynny
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 10:40:19 am by flynnyfalcon »

flynnyfalcon

Re: WTB: PhaseOne P45+
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 04:23:19 am »

Bump...

Body and lens purchased, so in the market for a H mount back.

Preferably P45+ as mentioned above...

spitfirestu

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 09:21:52 pm »

Message sent

flynnyfalcon

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 01:05:04 am »

Thank you for the PMs. Appreciate the time to explain some decent alternatives.

At the moment I'll stick with hunting down a P45+. Really want the long exposure capabilities.

flynnyfalcon

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 03:22:20 am »

Bumpity... Bump! :o

flynnyfalcon

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 10:11:13 am »

Up again...  ;)

Erick Boileau

• http://

ianallen

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 10:35:13 am »

have you tried digital transitions, optechs digital, capture integration etc? their stock of demo and refurbed units is always changing, and is where I got my p45+ back, happy thus far.

flynnyfalcon

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 10:57:16 am »

Am I able to ask where you got yours from, condition, price etc.  If you are not comfortable doing so I understand.

I have looked at their websites and sent emails back and forth, but their costs are just a bit high for me.  Cost for similar spec back in Oz seems considerably higher than the US.

flynnyfalcon

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 07:38:41 am »

Sadly missed out on the eBay sale. :-[  Went for $11135.50 

For low actuations (8000) and looking in physical good condition, is this about the right price???

Still looking....

flynnyfalcon

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 09:13:26 am »

And again...

lance_schad

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 07:08:01 pm »

Yes it went for a little below market price as far as I am concerned, but it came with no warranty or support from an authorized reseller.

Everyone should keep this in mind when purchasing / investing in a medium format digital back or similar equipment.

Market price for Pre_Owned P45+'s in my opinion should run from about $13k to $15.5K depending on condition, warranty status and accuations. These a still very desirable systems and I see this for the future as well. They are one of the most requested used systems we get , and hardest to come by.

These items are not inexpensive to repair if necessary, so having a warranty is peace of mind, also if you do acquire with a warranty it can be extended while under coverage without penalty and or pre-inspection before coverage is offered.

Yes Phase One backs are very solid, it Murphy's law that something can go wrong and when you least expect it.
That also brings up another point to consider, when you do purchase from a third-party and not a reseller and you do not have a relationship with a reseller , if something happens and you need factory support, you will have to find one to work with.

These are the people that will go to bat for their customers and sometimes be able to pull some strings or perhaps get out of a pinch with loaner gear if necessary, and if they did not sell the back to you it maybe more difficult to get the same support as customers that purchased a certified pre-owned system from them, not saying it is impossible but I think you can get the message.

I do work for a Authorized Phase One Reseller , Digital Transitions, and get questions about this all the time, so I figured I would post something and this seemed an appropriate place. If you are interested in pre-owned Phase One and Mamiya/Leaf systems you can check out or listing here.

Remember if the deal looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Lance lns@digitaltransitons.com

LANCE SCHAD - DIGITAL TRANSITIONS

flynnyfalcon

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 08:18:31 pm »

Appreciate the clarification on pricing Lance, you're always very quick to help.  13-15.5K is probably pushing my upper limit a little too far.  Sadly their is just no alternative when looking for a digital back capable of long exposure  >:(

I'm a little stuck at the moment.   I could sell off a little more Canon gear, but some of my clients still require the workflow Canon can bring.  Time to find more money...

flynnyfalcon

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 06:57:43 am »

Hopefully the last bump.  Pretty sure I have found a good deal...
Pages: [1]   Go Up