Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: R3000 and Museo Textured Rag - Media Type?  (Read 1236 times)

afx

• AFXImages
R3000 and Museo Textured Rag - Media Type?
« on: October 28, 2011, 03:43:31 am »

Hi,
got some really nice BW prints on Museo Textured Rag from a friend who uses an R2880.
Ordered the paper and tried to print on my R3000 via QImage.

Looks like I need to set a a paper that conforms to HPB according to the name of the profile downloaded from Museo.
That could be Hot Press Bright which is mentioned as a paper setting for the R3000 in the online docs but is missing from the menus of the driver (W7 64). Downloaded the Epson ICC profile collection for Hot Press Bright and read the PDF in there that says to use the Ulra Satin FineArt setting (with Matte Black Ink).

Prints using this setting lead to mushed up dark areas (the bright parts conform to the soft proof). The paper comes out quite moist compared to any other thing I ever printed.
So I assume there is too much ink used and the paper setting is wrong.

Any ideas on what paper setting to use?
I had contacted Museo per e-mail, but so far they could only give me the hint on finding a paper setting that matches HPB.

thx
afx

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: R3000 and Museo Textured Rag - Media Type?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 08:06:09 am »

You have to be careful with the settings for matte papers since they take more ink than gloss papers and you can end up over-inking.  I don't know if the R3000 has this setting or not, but on my Epson 3880 I use the Watercolor Radiant White setting which is under the Fine Art Paper setting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up