Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using "Save for Web & Devices" vs. Image Processor for creating web Jpegs?  (Read 2424 times)

Dinarius

Simple question...I hope... ;)

What's the difference between using Image Processor to resize, convert to sRGB and save as large Jpegs for web use (meaning I can do a folder of images), and re-sizing first and then opening each image in Save for Web & Devices and saving the TIFF as a Jpeg there?

I know that SFW&D gives me a before and after viewing option, in addition to options re metadata. But, aside from that.....?

I guess, starting out with a processed TIFF, what I also asking is what do others do to get it to a web-ready stage?

Thanks.

D.

Tim Lookingbill

Have you ever used Image Processor?

It's very fast and convenient. Only two hits to the return key (for me) out of Bridge and the Raw image is on my desktop ready for download in several seconds.

If you're concerned about how your images look with regards to sharpening/color for the web, then you should use SFW&D.

jonathanlung

I haven't used Image Processor, but SFW&D also allows you to output your image in slices and produce HTML to display the slices coherently (along with any rollover/javascript effects).

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com

If you are prepping images for online use, then SFW is the way to go and if you need to batch process, simply create a quick action using your SFW settings instead of using Image Processor and batch your files.
And if you want to learn some useful IP tips and get some useful scripts go to Russell Brown's site russellbrown.com
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele
Pages: [1]   Go Up