Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brand new Epson R2880  (Read 889 times)

Mr_S

Brand new Epson R2880
« on: October 25, 2011, 08:25:25 am »

Hi,

I just took delivery of the above printer and have unpacked but haven't installed the ink tanks yet.  My question was as I don't have any Epson paper (delivered in the next few days) is it worth me testing the printer using some non-branded glossy 6x4 paper or would it be best to use the Branded stock for the first run? 

(I'll be using Epson Semi Gloss so would be using the same Photo black cartridge if I did try using the cheap 6x4 paper)

Many thanks..

David Good

Re: Brand new Epson R2880
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 02:31:20 pm »

If by testing you mean checking the quality of it's output, then that would be dependent on the actual paper used and it's profile (you are printing using profiles right?). Out of the box this printer should give good results so, unless you have to print immediately, I would wait for the paper you intend to use, otherwise you will find out just how quickly those small cartridges need to be replaced. Just my opinion as a former R2400 user.

Mr_S

Re: Brand new Epson R2880
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 05:39:02 am »

Yes. it was just to test the printer overall really - to make sure I could send it back sharpish if it was faulty.  I seem to be having a run of bad luck with hardware...  I am using profiles so I will wait till the full size paper comes.

Thanks David.
Pages: [1]   Go Up