Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question Pentax 645D and Mamiya/Phase One 645AFDI,II,III+ p40+/leaf II 8  (Read 11246 times)

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/

a digital back in hasselblad V mount will only fit to hasselblad V cameras without adapter and to larger cameras with adapter, not to other 645 cameras like contax, mamiya, hasselblad H.

you need a digital back with a native mamiya 645/phase one mount to attach it to a mamiya 645/phase one camera and an adapter mamiya 645>RZ.
this adapter is available from leaf, phase one and mamiya.

adapters for gx68o are available from kapturegroup.com

edit:

One slight correction, you can purchase RZ Adapters that provide an interface from Hasselblad V Series and Hasselblad H Series, in addition to the Mamiya interface version. If using the Pro-IID and capturing sans sync cable, that particular adapter is only in Mamiya mount.

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

matt4626

Re: Question Pentax 645D and Mamiya/Phase One 645AFDI,II,III+ p40+/leaf II 8
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 11:21:58 am »

For what it's worth I'm having a warranty issue with Pentax Ricoh. Their US service people tell me they have ordered a replacement item (spotting scope eyepeice) but can't tell if or when it will arrive. Today (really) I was told by a Pentax Ricoh employee that "no one in Japan will talk to us" so we can't find out anything about your replacment! Be very afraid. >:(

theguywitha645d

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 12:55:18 pm »

Thank you for sharing you problem with Pentax. I hope that helps you get it out of your system. The folks that make the 645D are not the same folks that make spotting scopes.

Dan Bellyk

• http://danbellyk.ca
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 10:36:56 pm »

Well I misplaced my PENTAX LARGE EYE CUP O-EC107 and had to call Pentax that informed me it could take up to 6 weeks to come from Japan, But.......they could get it for me. Luckily I found it.
Pentax was great to talk to on the phone and I found them to be very helpful in fact I did not realize they were still making some of there old 645 lenses, kind of nice to know!

Dan

I can get a brand new 645 FA 35mm for $2300 Can.

David Watson

• David Watson
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2011, 03:00:18 am »

Just out of curiosity why wasn't Hasselblad on your list?

The camera itself is much better than the Phase/Mamiya, the lenses are as good if not better and are all leaf shutters, tethering is no problem and they are very good value now.  Throw in things like Truefocus and  the T/S adapter which are not available with the other systems and you have a winning combination.
David Watson ARPS

tsjanik

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2011, 04:52:06 pm »

Well I misplaced my PENTAX LARGE EYE CUP O-EC107 and had to call Pentax that informed me it could take up to 6 weeks to come from Japan, But.......they could get it for me. Luckily I found it.
Pentax was great to talk to on the phone and I found them to be very helpful in fact I did not realize they were still making some of there old 645 lenses, kind of nice to know!

Dan

I can get a brand new 645 FA 35mm for $2300 Can.
Hi Dan:

Just to confirm: Pentax Canada told you that new 645 lenses are available?  Were any others aside from the 35 mentioned?  I have dealt with Pentax Canada in the past and found them first rate (although I'm in the US, I'm only a few hours from the Mississauga office).   
I lost my eyecup in Yellowstone.  Fortunately, I knew the location I had last used the camera and found it.  The cup seems to have a unfortunate tendency to unscrew.

Tom

matt4626

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 10:42:12 am »

Pentax came through with the replacment part! Took a while and a letter to the BBB but all's well now. Most likely growing pains with the latest take over by Ricoh ;D

smhoer

• http://www.skylightimaging.smugmug.com
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 11:07:07 am »

Per your earlier post was this an eye piece for the 645d or a spotting scope?  Just curious because the 645d would go through Pentax Professional Services (automatically a member with purchase of the 645d).
Scott H.
North Carolina
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up